Tea Party & patriot groups

farmerman

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,

That is true because the minute Obama was elected the "mouthpieces " of the GOP, Beck, Limbough, and Hannity were all calling for pushing for the failure of his administration. AND so, since day one its been a new reality, one of No compromise and NO discussions between the parties. Even Bob Dole has been vocally berating his party. I don't hear a similar voice from the Dems though.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:43 pm
@farmerman,
And you are a perfect example of an intelligent and, usually, rational individual who has bought in entirely to the anti-Tea Party propoganda.

PS: Not sure how a link to the safest and quickest cooking device does anything other than prove you are an absolute kook.
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
as usual, we see things from separate universes .
I return the same to you. I think A2K of 2013 makes a perfect study for the socio-political polarization of the planet
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
OOPS, I was posting to boomer on another thread about induction cook tops. Simething evil in my software must have accidentally sent you the same clip. Hmmm
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:55 pm
@farmerman,
The difference, I would argue, is that I have been involved in the Tea party movement and you, most certainly, have not. I would venture to say you have also never been an actual witness to any Tea Party gathering, and yet you spew bile as if you had.

What's your evidence? Mother Jones?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:56 pm
@farmerman,
Those damn Tea-Baggers, they must have hacked your computer!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I was at one in Harrisburg Pa several years ago.
You think that the Tea Party has some kind of grasp on intelligent thought?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 02:39 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I was at one in Harrisburg Pa several years ago.
You think that the Tea Party has some kind of grasp on intelligent thought?
I feel guilty about my failure to actively assist
the Tea Party; thay have deserved good support; my bad.

David
farmerman

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 05:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
don't worry, they had plenty of bifurcated focus groups. There was even a group of tea partiers that wanted Obama care tobe defeated because itd reportedly interfere with their medicare.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 07:05 am
Interesting story this weekend. It looks like the media is starting to actually investigate those 501 c (4) groups and finding they were actively politicking so the IRS was correct to demand more info from them.
farmerman

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 07:25 am
@parados,
That's what Ive been saying. The requirements of a c-4 are that their "politicking" be in support of their societal mission, not just pure party politics.
So , in actuality the teabaggers were attempting a defense based upon good offense
RABEL222

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 10:08 am
@farmerman,
Any thinking person realized this. The tea party people have been breaking the law and getting away with it. Any involvement in politics is illegal.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 05:00 pm
@farmerman,
Obviously
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 05:05 pm
@farmerman,
And I suppose you and Parados believe that liberal oriented c-4s are all about social welfare.

It amazes me that anyone can be so partisan as to dismiss the IRS targeting of groups and individuals based on political viewpoint, because their ox wasn't gored.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 05:08 pm
@RABEL222,
You're simply wrong.

The prohibition against any political activity was watered down years ago. It's why Planned Parenthood can politic and maintain tax exempt status.

What's good for the goose apparently isn't good for the gander.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 09:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
And I suppose you and Parados believe that liberal oriented c-4s are all about social welfare.

It amazes me that anyone can be so partisan as to dismiss the IRS targeting of groups
and individuals based on political viewpoint, because their ox wasn't gored.
Liberalism is distortionism; that is not new.

David
roger

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 10:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
One wonders why the IRS felt a need for a list of all volunteers in an organization. It that for taxation or something else.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 04:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Ive read the differences between c3's and c4's and while the c'4/s are given greater latitude in their politicking, their politicking MUST be about their primary mission which IS about social welfare or some position therein (like education etc)

neither is allowed , by IRS rules, to be a purely partisan politicking machine because that's what the political process is about. Youll see as several groups decide to sue the Teabaggers .
In an e;ection cycle a c-4 can "GET OUT THE VOTE" but it is not supposed to "GET OUT THE VOTE TO SUPPORT THEIR CANDIDATE"

That's in the definitions sections.
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 04:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

and conservatives have their heads up their asses so far that we can rollem around like a taar.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 06:10 am
@farmerman,

Quote:
farmerman wrote:
and conservatives have their heads up their asses so far that we can rollem around like a taar.
What the hell is a "taar" ?