Tea Party & patriot groups

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 05:20 pm
@RABEL222,
I 'd like to see all
government funding come from sales taxes
at the same rate for everyone, with a cap so that no natural person
will pay more than $200,000 in any year.

David
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 05:42 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
that is insanely tilted toward the rich.

imagine that...

(let's double tax food while we're at it)
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 06:00 pm

This illegal and unconstitutional abuse of power is far
worse than what Nixon was rightfully impeached for.

IRS scrutiny went beyond Tea Party, targeting of conservative groups broader than thought

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 06:01 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
The liberal Obama media isn't reporting this?

are any of these sources considered liberal in the u.s. : slate, usa today, cbs, abc, cnn, msnbc, reuters, politico, cnn, huffingtonpost?

That's most of what is known as the Obama Media.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 06:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
Why are they covering this story? leading with it in some cases.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 06:31 pm
@ehBeth,
My guess is they are sick of covering for that piece of **** Obama and because it's a real story that
they can do some real investigative reporting on... rebellion can start in the strangest of places.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 08:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Sure David. Sounds good to me. I pay 20% of my income in taxes while some billionaire pays .01% of his income for protection of his assets.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 09:36 pm
@parados,
Quote:

But in this case:
Are you willing to argue that Tea Party groups didn't oppose Obama H20? Under the 501(c) those groups are not supposed to be political at all. They get tax exempt status to "promote social welfare."

Hmm.... a Tea Party group that is promoting "social welfare." Do you really think the goverment should be providing tax incentives to groups that promote "social welfare"?

My dear fellow poster, YOU are simply terrific! Your post needed to be written; however, it's doubtful many minds will be swayed one way or the other, still it's wonderful to see a courageous poster like you, Parados.

From every thing I have seen and heard of the Tea Party, who appear hell-bent on bringing down the fall of Obama....not only are these Tea Partiers narrow-minded they appear partisan and politically motivated....their messages are hate-filled driven. With the likes of the Tea Party, who the hell needs a first-class enemy?
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 06:20 am
@H2O MAN,
Your guess would be they also covered the Benghazi story.

revelette

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 06:36 am
IRS Commissioner Learned Of Tea Party Targeting In May 2012
From what I can tell from the article, as soon as the IRS commissioner learned of the targetting she instructed the practice to stop immediately but she didn't admit that the tea party groups were being targeted at the hearings. Which sounds bad to me. It also seems like agents ignored the order to stop.

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 07:00 am
@revelette,
Don't you believe it.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 07:01 am
@revelette,
Not until they were forced to and that's the reality.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 07:33 am
http://www.theabsurdreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Making-excuses.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 07:56 am

Tax Audits Are No Laughing Matter
A president shouldn't even joke about abusing IRS power.
By GLENN HARLAN REYNOLDS

At his Arizona State University commencement speech last Wednesday, Mr. Obama noted that ASU had refused to grant him an honorary degree, citing his lack of experience, and the controversy this had caused. He then demonstrated ASU's point by remarking, "I really thought this was much ado about nothing, but I do think we all learned an important lesson. I learned never again to pick another team over the Sun Devils in my NCAA brackets. . . . President [Michael] Crowe and the Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS."

Just a joke about the power of the presidency. Made by Jay Leno it might have been funny. But as told by Mr. Obama, the actual president of the United States, it's hard to see the humor. Surely he's aware that other presidents, most notably Richard Nixon, have abused the power of the Internal Revenue Service to harass their political opponents. But that abuse generated a powerful backlash and with good reason. Should the IRS come to be seen as just a bunch of enforcers for whoever is in political power, the result would be an enormous loss of legitimacy for the tax system.

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 07:57 am
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Obama-Wink-Nixon-Thumbs-Up-600x350.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 08:01 am
http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/IRS-Target-590-LI.jpg
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 10:37 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Tax Audits Are No Laughing Matter

What is funny is how no Tea Party or patriot group was audited but somehow Spurt wants to whine about audits.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 10:38 am
@parados,
Idiot. Parasite, you are an idiot.
parados

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 10:41 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Idiot. Parasite, you are an idiot.

Who wanted to bring audits into the discussion of Tea Party and patriot groups applying for tax exempt status? It's more likely that person is the idiot.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 10:42 am
@parados,
Idiot.
0 Replies