Tea Party & patriot groups

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 01:42 pm

Quote:
Congressional Republicans -- as well as some Democrats -- are putting the screws to the Obama administration as they investigate a rash of potential scandals, lining up hearings and inquiries as top leaders suggest jail time for the worst offenders.

'jail' for IRS offenders
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 04:10 pm
.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dDqXrSVB3eU/T_CzjJ2lFqI/AAAAAAAAHFM/6As1DuRmsoU/s1600/Obama+IRS.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 06:43 am

Bold move? Obama Fires IRS Boss — Who Was Already Resigning

The IRS boss is a temp, he was already on his way out.
Yesterday's announcement by PrezBO was anti-climactic Rolling Eyes

The Bullshitter in Chief is trying to Bull **** America again.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:36 am

Shame on Obama and his minions!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:56 am
Quote:
The Internal Revenue Service's explanations for why it targeted conservative groups for additional scrutiny are falling on deaf ears in Congress, where lawmakers like Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell are in no mood for what he called the agency's "blatant and thuggish abuse of power."

The Kentucky Republican also questioned today whether some of the blame should fall at President Obama's doorstep.

Thuggish Abuse of Power
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 10:58 am

It didn't take long...

Princess Pelosi is now on record blaming Obama's IRS
abuse of power on none other than George W. Bush ...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 01:39 pm

Recent history:
Why Gibson Guitar Was Raided By The Obama Justice Department & IRS
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:04 pm

Has Obama mentioned anything about how much he benefited
from what the IRS has been doing to those that oppose him?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:14 pm

Bigger than Obama

This scandal is bigger than Barack Obama.
It's still possible that he could be implicated, but it's much bigger than himself.

BIG government is not the solution - it is the PROBLEM
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:43 pm

Will little Timmy Geithner be compelled to testify about what he knew and when he knew it?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 04:29 pm

Liberalism is the culture of harassment.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 07:14 am

Outgoing IRS Commissioner Faces Hearing Amid 'Stunning' Revelation

The outgoing commissioner of the IRS is in the hot seat Friday, scheduled to testify for the first time on his agency's scandalous practice of targeting conservative groups -- after it was revealed that another potentially implicated official is now in charge of an ObamaCare unit.
Steven Miller, the acting commissioner who was ousted by the administration earlier this week, will testify before the House Ways and Means Committee Friday morning.
Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are sure to have plenty of questions for Miller, as they search for who was responsible for the program. Outrage mounted after lawmakers learned that the IRS official who led the tax-exempt organizations unit when the targeting took place -- Sarah Hall Ingram -- has since moved over to the IRS office responsible for ObamaCare.
"Stunning. Just stunning," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said after learning of the move.
The acknowledgement comes after the administration announced that Ingram's successor Joseph Grant -- who had only been on the job a few days -- would be retiring.
The agency released a memo Thursday night that may give insight into Miller's talking points at the Friday hearing, although it was written by Grant. In the memo, Grant acknowledged "errors" but said the program was started to deal with an influx of applications, as well as allegations that some of the groups were engaged in political activity that would be "impermissible" under the tax-exempt status they were seeking.
The agency also directed those seeking a possible preview to Miller's testimony to a frequently asked questions page on their website.
Also scheduled to testify is J. Russell George -- the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration -- and the man whose report released this week exposed the IRS practice that led to Miller's ouster (though Miller was apparently planning to leave the agency anyway).
President Obama, meanwhile, maintained Thursday that he didn't know about the investigation into the IRS program until it was made public.
The ObamaCare official now drawing scrutiny had been serving as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations from 2009 to 2012 -- the division included the group that targeted Tea Partiers -- and has since left to serve as director of the IRS' Affordable Care Act division. That unit is responsible for enforcing parts of the health care law, including the fines associated with the so-called individual mandate -- the requirement to buy health insurance.
Texas Republican Sen. John Cornyn, citing her current position and history with the scandal-marred unit, reinforced his call Thursday for the IRS to be blocked from implementing the health care law. "Now more than ever, we need to prevent the IRS from having any role in Americans' health care," he said.
While still the commissioner of the Tax-Exempt and Government Entities Division, Ingram was assigned to head the implementation of ObamaCare at the IRS in 2010 after the law was enacted. It is not clear when she stopped being the head of the tax-exempt office or how active her role was there while she was implementing ObamaCare.
Meanwhile, Obama appointed a new acting commissioner after the prior IRS chief announced his resignation.
The revelations at the Friday hearing could add more headaches for the Obama administration, as it tries to juggle its response to several scandals at once.
It's unclear whether more officials will resign at the IRS in the days to come. This week's clean-up at the agency is part of the Obama administration's mad dash to save face and regain footing after being hammered by a series of scandals this week, including new questions over the Benghazi terror attack and the Justice Department's seizing of journalists' phone records.
On Thursday, Obama appointed senior White House budget officer Daniel Werfel as acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service.
Republican leaders were quick to call out Obama for being too passive with the situation and demanded more be done.
"This is runaway government at its worst," McConnell said Thursday. "Who knows who they will target next? The truth will come out. It always does."
However, the president knocked down the prospect of appointing a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS, saying the congressional investigations and a separate Justice Department probe should be enough to nail down who was responsible for improperly targeting Tea Party groups when they applied for tax-exempt status.
Asked whether he previously knew about the IRS practice, Obama said Thursday: "I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the (inspector general) report" beforehand.
The president, though, did not say whether he was previously aware of the IRS' actions, which allegedly started as early as 2010, well before the inspector general's office began to investigate. Republican lawmakers were inquiring about the alleged targeting of Tea Party groups by the IRS more than a year ago.
But White House Press Secretary Jay Carney has said no one in the White House knew about the practice.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 07:22 am

ET TU IRS?

And how do you like the story about the IRS --- 0bama’s IRS ---- the IRS that was under the control of a verified tax cheat appointed by 0bama ---- targeting conservative groups in the approval of tax exempt status. That’s the story SO far … but I’m guessing if this goes much further we’re going to find that the IRS was targeting conservative individuals as well, targeting them for audits.
Now you might ask “Well, Boortz! Have you been audited?” Not recently, but then I was a salaried individual for the last 20 years. I made sure that the proper amount was withheld, and intentionally overpaid my taxes by a small amount just in case I was audited. My goal was to make sure that any audit would result in a check being written to me.
At this point I’m guessing you’ve just heard that conservative groups were targeted. Targeted how? Were they audited? Records or assets seized? What we know so far is that if a group that had the appearance of being conservative in its governing philosophy applied for a tax-exempt status to the IRS, they were hit with an impossible avalanche of questions and requirements by the IRS. Now I know a bit about tax-exempt organizations. My wife has one, The Donna Boortz Foundation. Her charitable 501c3 organization was created specifically to give away the money I make from the sale of the books that I write. Donna is so careful about how that money is distributed that she refuses to even use one penny of it for organizational expenses, though it would be perfectly legal to do so. All those expenses come out of her pocket. Plus, neither she nor any of her directors receive one cent for the work they do. Her foundation was created in 1996 (I think) and there was absolutely no problem from the IRS. As an aside, there have been some people who intensely dislike me on the air who have tried to attack her charitable efforts, but that’s what lawyers are for. They failed.
Not all 501c3 organizations are charitable foundations. They can also be religious or educational in nature. These are the types of organizations targeted by the IRS … as well as some 501c4 organizations, groups that engage in lobbying activities.
Anyway … we now know that 0bama’s IRS intentionally made live miserable for anyone trying to create a non-profit that contained the words “Tea Party” or “Patriot.” If your non-profit sought to foster learning about our Constitution --- IRS target. Teach the concept of limited government? IRS target.

Boortz
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 07:29 am

Remember when Obama targeted auto dealers for closure that were owned by conservatives?
Obama has killed jobs and ruined our economy, the man is a menace.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 07:49 am
These gangsters demanded that groups turn over their membership rosters, their donor lists, and even itemized listings of what books they read.
They demanded copies of personal blog posts, Facebook pages, and in the case of one conservative educational group, the names of each and every teen-aged student that ever attended a class! And in every instance, IRS “agents” made sure that Tea Party volunteers understood they could be thrown in prison if they made even one small mistake!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 11:20 am
gungasnake wrote:

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/05/16/the-liberal-union-behind-the-i

Quote:

The President couldn’t even bring himself to breathe a word of the truth.

He could fire some hapless Acting Commissioner, but last night Mr. Obama never came close to discussing that which must never be discussed.

The IRS?

It’s about a union: the National Treasury Employees Union. The NTEU. A left-wing union representing 150,000 employees in 31 separate government agencies, including the IRS. A union that not only endorsed President Obama for election and re-election, but a union whose current president, Colleen Kelly, was a 14-year IRS agent and now is both union president and Obama administration appointee (of which more in a moment).

It’s about 94% of NTEU union contributions going to Democrats in the Senate and House in 2012 — candidates who campaigned as vociferous opponents of the Tea Party.

And the recently released report from the Treasury Inspector General? You will not find a single reference to the NTEU. Whose members are both player and referee in the exploding controversy over the IRS targeting of conservative groups.....

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 03:34 pm
Lied to by Obama once again...

Senior tax officials knew of extra Tea Party scrutiny
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 03:51 pm

As this abuse of power scandal unfolds it's becoming clear Chicago style Union
Thug tactics were used ... Question is Obama more of union boss than he is a president
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 03:59 pm

Now we find out the EPA is somehow involved

This widening abuse of power scandal is not going away.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:19 pm

The audience applauds after GOP Rep Mike Kelly
Delivers Brutal Takedown Of IRS

Abuse of power; it looks like the Dept. of Homeland Security was also involved in this growing scandal

0 Replies