Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 01:47 pm
@panzade,
Pete Best on drums

panzade

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 01:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I wonder how the Beatles would have turned out with Pete on drums.
Whattya guys think?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 02:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpsee5b2bc0.jpg
The late Tony Sheridan onstage at the Top Ten Club in Hamburg ca. 1961 with the Beatles. You can juts make out Stu Sutcliffe in the distance and Paul McCartney's back (in a gray sweat) at the piano along with Pete Best's drums at the far right.

The first track one features Tony singing lead with Messrs Lennon and McCartney very much in evidence on the backing vocals while the latter track is the famous Lennon and Harrison instrumental.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEMG03i4qQ[/youtubel]
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 02:06 pm
@panzade,
No idea ... but I liked him playing (as I liked all of the old [cover] songs. And Tony Sheridan.)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 01:47 pm
Being a bass player this track floors me.
Happy B-Day Paul!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:07 am
'We're arresting you Yeah, Yeah, Yeah':
Life imitates art as the Fab Four from the West end musical 'Let it Be' playing outdoors have ANOTHER brush with the law

Open air concert was to promote the musical's run at Garrick Theatre
Show producer said: ‘I thought at one stage we were going to get arrested. I think they were going to call the police if we hadn’t moved along.’

It echoes of the real Beatles’ final public performance on the open roof of the Apple offices of London’s Savile Row on January 30, 1969
Forty-two minute set ended when police arrived to stop the performance

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/12/article-0-1F96F6DA00000578-504_634x423.jpg

Tourists were astonished to see the Fab Four belting out their most famous songs at some of the capital’s most famous landmarks on top of a bright red open-topped London double-decker bus.
But for the cast of the hit West End Beatles musical ‘Let it Be’ it almost became ‘let’s be having you’ as the long arm of the law took exception to their antics outside the Broadcasting House headquarters of Britain’s BBC.

The mobile open air concert which included stops at Trafalgar Square and the palace of Westminster which houses ‘Big Ben’ was to promote the first night of the musical’s summer run at London’s Garrick Theatre in Charing Cross Road where the Beatles bus tour came to its final stop attracting hundreds of fans, many singing along.
A production is also underway this week in Monaco, home of the super-rich with show producer Jamie Hendry said at the ‘Let it Be’ after-show party: ‘I thought at one stage we were going to get arrested. It was a bit tense. I think they were going to call the police if we hadn’t moved along.’
He said: ‘Obviously we were careful to make sure we had all the right paperwork and permissions to perform where we did, but we may have been pushing it a little when we tried to play an impromptu gig in the foyer of Broadcasting House – their security people very politely but very firmly made it plain that we should clear out before we were thrown out.’

More, plus video......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2689702/Were-arresting-Yeah-Yeah-Yeah-Life-imitates-art-Fab-Four-West-end-musical-Let-Be-playing-outdoors-ANOTHER-brush-law.html
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:14 am

One more.......

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 11:56 am
Cool . . . new stuff . . . thanks, Boss.
panzade

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:23 pm
A musician friend is Ringo in the American Let It Be tribute band.
There's a tremendous interest among the baby Boomers and the young.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:27 pm
There was a stage play about them quite a while back--i think it was to do with their early days in Germany. Unfortunately, i don't recall the details. I'll go see if i can scare something up.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 01:05 pm
@Setanta,
I think they should have taught "Paul" to play left-handed, so at least us lefties wouldn't feel left out.

John and Ringo were pretty much spot on, though.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 03:06 pm
I noted that George moved around too much. He used to just stand there, with his guitar roughly parallel to the ground, and his hands and fingers were the only things that moved.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 03:13 pm
@Setanta,
I thought that as well, but on the plus side, it looks as if they are all actually playing their instruments, as opposed to miming a backing track.

John's stance was well done, I thought, and Ringo did the head shake perfectly, even though he did it a little too frequently.

I suppose they have to emphasisie those bits, as it all helps the nostalgia kick.

I bet it's a good night out, though. I might go so far as to treat the better half to a ringside seat, as long as she doesn't expect a meal afterwards.
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 03:19 pm
@Lordyaswas,
The singing voices are, of course, different. But i thought the instrumentals were completely accurate. That goes a long way to giving them a "Beatles sound."
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 12:25 pm
Fifty years ago today (according to the news on Telly), cameras started rolling at Marylebone Station on a film called "Beatlemania".

At the end of that day, Ringo is reported to have slumped back in a chair and said "Boy, that was a hard day".
Someone pointed out that it was by then night time, and he responded ....

"Boy, it's been a hard day's night".

A new title for the film was found, and a new song was soon written and recorded.....

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 12:40 pm
I thoight that was wrong. Checking production links, filming started in March and took seven weeks.

I wonder if the News item meant first screening?

Anyhoo, it was fifty years ago......FIFTY YEARS!

Bloody hell!
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 01:07 pm
@Lordyaswas,
And from the fillum.....a clip that has been coloured in!

Listen out for the weird noises about fifteen seconds from the end. It is the rare sound of a hundred ovaries popping simultaneously.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:05 pm
The Beatles were such a learning experience. I read a magazine article which told of how they had been found with "young girls" in a hotel room! However, none of the "young girls" were under 18 years of age, so authorities could do nothing. The shcok, the horror . . . the wondering what the word groupie meant. (Can you imagine what kdin of security they had--or rather, didn't have--that police officers could walk into their room on a whim?) Another magazine article i read said that doctors assisting at a concert had come to the conclusion that many of the young women remanded into their care had experienced orgasm. ( I had to go look that one up.) They certainly were a one of a kind experience--no one had seen the like before.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 05:20 pm
The word on the street was that Lennon was jealous of Best's good looks so he had him replaced by Ringo
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 09:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

The word on the street was that Lennon was jealous of Best's good looks so he had him replaced by Ringo

The word is that they all were jealous of Best's popularity with the fans.
0 Replies