Child protective services to gain custody?

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 10:23 pm
Ok, here's the deal. When my daughter was born I didn't know she was mine so I never signed the birth certificate because her mother admitted to cheating on me around the same time she got pregnant when she's 6 months pregnant. The same day she was born I swabbed her and myself and sent it to an outside company to establish paternity. It came back positive. We as a couple never went through the state to establish paternity. State being indiana. When our daughter was 6 months old we split. I gave her voluntary support but wasn't smart to keep any receipts from money orders. After a year I started to write checks and have copies of them. Now we are not on good terms and she's keeping my daughter from me and not letting speak to her. She's 3 years old now. The mother has been living 2 and half hours away and our daughter is not staying with her. She is incapable of watching her because she is in med school. The mother lets her mother watch her which is not by state a legal guardian. The house is in Gary, indiana and is very small, cluttered and unclean. Food and drinks are dropped on the carpet and clean up leaving stains. There's a room that is stacked with boxes and bins that looks like a hoarder would do. To me that's unsafe and very unhealthy for my daughter. My daughter has asthma and is constantly sick over there. They have a dog that is off the streets that they now have in the back yard that is let in the house. My daughter does not have a room nor a bed nor any room to put one in the house and not to mention the grandmas room is the one that is cluttered with boxes. The grandma is physically unfit and has a thyroid disease that makes her overweight and handicapped. Causes her to move around slowly. The grandma also has her other daughters 2 children most of the week almost every week and also has a brother that lives there that has mental issues that is also handicapped and unfit to live by himself. So that right there is 2 handicapped adults and 3 children under the age of 5 in an unclean environment. The grandma nor her brother do not work and receive disability checks. The grandma doesn't herself for days at a time and has horrible body odor. The shower does not work. And not to mention the mother also doesn't work because supposedly she doesn't have time for work. The mother also received forms from welfare to find out who the father was twice. She lied both times and said she didn't know. I'm the only one who works and gives support to my daughter but I do travel most of the time for work. I have a very dependable job and is moving to Nevada with a 3100 square home with my new girlfriend and her daughter. So I can prove that I can support her and that she'll have a clean house with her own room and bed. Should I call child protective services even though this might put my daughter in foster care ? I should have the right to gain custody of her after I establish paternity through the state? Please someone help me. I know the system is corrupt on giving the mothers everything but should I call CPS?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,155 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 06:17 am
Get a lawyer instead, and sue for custody.
Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 10:49 am
I have a lawyer and he's not helping me and I'm trying to take things in my own hands legally. All the dirt I can gather on this woman.
Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 04:44 pm
Then get another lawyer. Playing little gotcha games will not endear you to a judge when it comes time to really get official custody.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Child protective services to gain custody?
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/04/2023 at 05:42:08