A Houston judge throws out most of the charges against a pair accused of torturing and killing pets

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 09:00 pm
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/295814_10151877754239062_514603050_n.jpg
A Houston judge throws out most of the charges against a pair accused of torturing and killing pets on video (for sale) - citing the First Amendment. Weigh in: Should "crush" videos be protected free speech?
Story from KHOU channel eleven in Houston
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,452 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 08:59 am
@edgarblythe,
How about we throw out that damned judge? Aren't judges voted into office in TX?

That situation makes me angry and sick to my stomach at the same time.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 10:39 am
According to Wikipedia, the possession and sale of these videos is allowed in the United Sates under the First Amendment.

The actual abuse of animals, the definition of which, according to The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Texas, includes:

1.Torturing an animal
2.Failing to provide food, care or shelter
3.Abandoning an animal
4.Transporting or confining an animal in a cruel manner
5.Killing, seriously injuring or poisoning an animal
6.Causing an animal to fight with another
7.Using a live animal as a lure in a dog race
8.Tripping a horse
9.Injuring an animal belonging to another person
10.Seriously overworking an animal.

is a violation of Texas animal cruelty laws.

I would think that this judge kept any charges of actual cruelty to these animals.
0 Replies