Manhunt Going On In Watertown, Massachusetts Right Now

George

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 02:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
A few of our UK members seem to have a less than charitable take on the
last week in Boston. I suspect this has something to do with NORAID. It
could also have to do with an overall anti-American attitude, but at least
the NORAID angle is a little less obnoxious. . .

On the other hand, members from the UK have posted messages of
sympathy and support. Thank you.

I posted this on another thread, but they're going to be able to save Marc's
other leg. It was broken in several places but they've got a lot of
metalwork in there to hold it all together. He's got shrapnel in his heart
and one lung, but they need to get him stronger before they go in after it.

Again, thank you for the expressions of sympathy and support.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Were the laughs all nervous laughs? I'd say that it went right over some/most/many of their heads.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 02:51 pm
@izzythepush,
First of all, I could see your link, yay. And he's good.

<she says gruffly, I'm going to send a letter....>
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 03:09 pm
@BillRM,
More details and pictures are emerging. I'm not making any of this up, Setanta.

A critically wounded teenager was lying bleeding in a boat. So they used an armored vehicle to rip the fabric cover off the boat, while shooting the boat full of holes. Then they tossed in several stun grenades. (Bear in mind here, that they desperately needed to talk to this guy at the earliest opportunity, for various obvious reasons)
While this was going on and just before, they shot several of the surrounding houses (upper floors too) and cars full of holes.

Several people are still trying to take credit for this. But the investigation has stalled, because the perp is incommunicado.
farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 03:18 pm
@izzythepush,
I Love Rich Halls take on how George Lucas fucked up American cinema.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 03:20 pm
@farmerman,
Gee, that's not at all like you, Farmer, to try to divert attention away from the issue.

Farmer: Lookee, look a squirrel!

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 03:32 pm
@farmerman,
Rich Hall and Reginald D Hunter are two American comedians who are really big over here. They're almost honorary Brits.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 03:36 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Were the laughs all nervous laughs? I'd say that it went right over some/most/many of their heads.

Of course they weren't nervous laughs. None of that went over their heads.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:07 pm
@McTag,
A
Quote:
critically wounded teenager was lying bleeding in a boat. So they used an armored vehicle to rip the fabric cover off the boat, while shooting the boat full of holes. Then they tossed in several stun grenades. (Bear in mind here, that they desperately needed to talk to this guy at the earliest opportunity, for various obvious reasons)
While this was going on and just before, they shot several of the surrounding houses (upper floors too) and cars full of holes.

A teenager who was part of a two man team who set off two bombs hurting hundreds up to the blowing the legs off of some and killing a few.

Then he took part in killing a police officer and serous wounding another and throwing bombs at the police oh and to get away he drove over his own brother killing him and almost killing more police officers.

It is amazing to me that they did in the end got him alive as killing him in the boat would have been far safer course for them.

Once more I normally have problems with the police playing soldiers but in this case overwhelming force seems more then call for.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:17 pm
@BillRM,
You missed every point, important ones I might add, that McTag made, Bill.

You then went on to illustrate just how little regard you have for what some people think is the American way.

You ended up illustrating, again, how a piece of excrement can't hold a candlestick to you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:32 pm
@McTag,
I agree with you on this. Much silence about gunfire/grenades amid calls for do-not-return-fire from the FBI. Was he sitting up?

I am surmising a mess here.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:36 pm
@George,
If there are any pages for him, for fundraising or the like, let us know, okay?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:41 pm
@BillRM,
But force can be stupid, and often is. Adrenalin and other stuff can rule.

On one of these threads, maybe this one, this episode was happening, and Lola posted about horrifying ratatatat shooting and then erased it, as other a2kers were posting the fbi message. What she heard has been agreed on but not explained. Did this guy bleeding for some eighteen hours shoot all those bullets?

I think there was an internecine (my word for the day) **** up.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 05:26 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
while shooting the boat full of holes. Then they tossed in several stun grenades.

Bear in mind, McTag, that many of these guys are former US military.

Quote:

Toxic legacy of US assault on Fallujah 'worse than Hiroshima'
The shocking rates of infant mortality and cancer in Iraqi city raise new questions about battle

Dramatic increases in infant mortality, cancer and leukaemia in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, which was bombarded by US Marines in 2004, exceed those reported by survivors of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, according to a new study.

Iraqi doctors in Fallujah have complained since 2005 of being overwhelmed by the number of babies with serious birth defects, ranging from a girl born with two heads to paralysis of the lower limbs. They said they were also seeing far more cancers than they did before the battle for Fallujah between US troops and insurgents.

Their claims have been supported by a survey showing a four-fold increase in all cancers and a 12-fold increase in childhood cancer in under-14s. Infant mortality in the city is more than four times higher than in neighbouring Jordan and eight times higher than in Kuwait.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/toxic-legacy-of-us-assault-on-fallujah-worse-than-hiroshima-2034065.html
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 05:27 pm
@jespah,
Quote:

Toxic legacy of US assault on Fallujah 'worse than Hiroshima'
The shocking rates of infant mortality and cancer in Iraqi city raise new questions about battle

Dramatic increases in infant mortality, cancer and leukaemia in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, which was bombarded by US Marines in 2004, exceed those reported by survivors of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, according to a new study.

Iraqi doctors in Fallujah have complained since 2005 of being overwhelmed by the number of babies with serious birth defects, ranging from a girl born with two heads to paralysis of the lower limbs. They said they were also seeing far more cancers than they did before the battle for Fallujah between US troops and insurgents.

Their claims have been supported by a survey showing a four-fold increase in all cancers and a 12-fold increase in childhood cancer in under-14s. Infant mortality in the city is more than four times higher than in neighbouring Jordan and eight times higher than in Kuwait.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/toxic-legacy-of-us-assault-on-fallujah-worse-than-hiroshima-2034065.html
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 05:41 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

But force can be stupid, and often is. Adrenalin and other stuff can rule.

On one of these threads, maybe this one, this episode was happening, and Lola posted about horrifying ratatatat shooting and then erased it, as other a2kers were posting the fbi message. What she heard has been agreed on but not explained. Did this guy bleeding for some eighteen hours shoot all those bullets?

I think there was an internecine (my word for the day) **** up.

That depends on what the goal was, if it was retribution they did just fine, if it was justice then they messed up. American police have long been known to use a excessive force as SOP....just look at how many shoots a year they take. American cops have their guns and they fully intend to use them.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 05:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
It was clear at the time that the fbi didn't want him shot.
Some one person (I take it, a guess) did not listen.

Sort of like the hero type that tackled the wounded bomb victim ostensibly for his skin color.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 05:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
That depends on what the goal was, if it was retribution they did just fine, if it was justice then they messed up.

And how could it be that you, educated in American civics classes, aren't able to discern that not so slim distinction, Hawk?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 05:48 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

It was clear at the time that the fbi didn't want him shot.

But they did want to get some use out of their drones and guns before they got around to transporting the injured party.....was this retribution for killing a cop?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 05:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
why are you asking me?

Someone didn't listen to the do-not-shoot order. Seems to me like one person, but this is no expertise of mine re ratatats and number of shooters.