How Old Are My Fellow A2K Members?

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:46 am
I don't know what it's like anywhere else, but getting antibiotics at the clinics I've gone to, has been a righteous struggle. Not easy at all.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:01 am
Doctors work for you. Don't ask them what you can have... Tell them what you want.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 11:42 am
The public health implications of unnecessary use of antibiotics are huge. Already we are seeing increasing instances of "superstrains" of S. aureus -- strains that cannot be treated with any available antibiotic. There's a very strong possibility that the increased incidence of bacterial resistance is due to willy-nilly prescription of antibiotics in cases where the immune system, given time, is perfectly capable of dealing with the infection on its own. Hell, when I was a kid, I had a number of pneumonia-like infections, and rather than try to determine the actual nature of the infection our doctor always just prescribed a course of erythromycin. Sorry, but I'm a big, big fan of restrained use of antibiotics, especially as I learn more about bacterial genetics.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 11:59 am
You'll all be happy to hear this...the doc recommended a bronchodilator/cortiscosteroid inhaler for a few days to reduce inflammation, which will allow my immune system to naturally defeat whatever infection is going on in there...note I'm in Canada, not the US...but your fears about docs being irresponsible were not realized here, this week.

Another bright point - I can now have a few beer while I golf this weekend.

Note - it's always good to hear such enthusiastic conversation from you bright people Smile
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:09 pm
Right on, pijon.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 02:10 pm
My memory is starting to go. I just asked my wife she claims I wiil be 75 in August.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 05:54 pm
hamsterau - you just made me LOL Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:13 pm
So, you are a hamstereh?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:19 pm
and yer the hamsterbucko :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:24 pm
now i'ma gettin' peckish fer a hamster sammich . . .

on rye . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:38 pm
booco, booco, puh-lease.
0 Replies