Woody Allen question

JCM

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 02:54 pm
Hey movie buffs! In which Woody Allen film does he throw spaghetti at the wall to test if its ready? For the life of me I can't remember!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,442 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 03:14 pm
@JCM,
I've seen quite a few of Allen's movies and i know of no such scene. Admittedly, I'm no expert...by any means,.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 03:48 pm
You've asked this question all over the web under various names. Spaghetti features in Stardust Memories, but I don't remember him throwing any of it.

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 04:08 pm
I think it's Annie Hall.
Ragman

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 04:15 pm
@InfraBlue,
I recall a scene in Annie Hall a famous lobster-cooking scene but not a spaghetti-sticking test.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 06:45 pm
@Ragman,
Ha! That's what came to mind as I was thinking about cooking scenes in his movies.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 06:49 pm
To Rome With Love
0 Replies

JCM

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 04:30 am
@contrex,
I have asked this question on two different forums - so hardly "all over the web."
I need the title of the movie as the scene is discussed between 2 characters in a book I am writing. I remember the scene very well - I just can't remember the name of the movie.
Thanks to everyone for their responses - keep them coming!
Going to watch "Play it Again Sam" tomorrow in case its in that one.
Ragman

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 06:34 am
@JCM,
Play it Again Sam? You'll see no such scene there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 07:15 am
@JCM,
To Rome with Love makes location sense, but I haven't seen the movie.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 07:33 am
@JCM,
I believe the original Odd Couple movie had a "throwing spaghetti against the wall" scene (but I don't think it was a Woody Allen film).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 08:11 am
There is indeed a "pasta throwing" scene in The Odd Couple--it's not to test the pasta, though . . .

It was originally a Neil Simon play, and he wrote the screen play for the motion picture.
JCM

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 08:32 am
@Setanta,
Wow thanks for the video! And thanks to all who posted.
The film I am thinking of was definitely Woody Allen and I saw it over 20 years ago on TV back in England, so it was a really early one. Woody is making dinner to impress a date that is coming over. (for some reason I am remembering her parents might be involved somehow in the scene - but that part is a bit hazy). The kitchen was pretty similar in layout to the one in Play it Again Sam - and I think remember a checkered table cloth too. I can easily change the conversation in my book to reflect a different movie - but now its driving me crazy to remember what the name of this movie is!!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 08:50 am
There's no spaghetti-eating scene in any of Woody Allen's earlier pictures, as far as I know. Allen invites Louise Lasser to his apartment in Bananas, but there's no food involved. It has been a while since I watched Play it Again, Sam, but I don't recall any spaghetti-testing involved in that. There's no pasta at all in Take the Money and Run, Love and Death, Sleeper, Annie Hall, or Manhattan. As Rosborne suggested, the spaghetti-against-the-wall scene you might be thinking of is in The Odd Couple. The Apartment and The Lady and the Tramp also contain notable spaghetti-related scenes.
0 Replies