my ex applied for contact order.

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:06 am
now its been refured to family medeation. i rang them as soon as i got th letter. 2weeks later i attended the appointment and they told me he hasnt even made an appointment. so my question is what happens next?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 812 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:12 am
@please-help,
With no idea about the subject matter of the application, or your location, there is little that I can tell you other than to contact a lawyer - and I would likely suggest that you do that even if I had that info.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:35 am
@please-help,
May I assume you mean a "no contact" order?

Where do you live?

Chances are that we will have no idea about the particular procedure of your jurisdiction, and cannot give you any guidance on your next steps.

Did you ask the Family Mediation folks what your next step might be, or what your options are? Does the order get dismissed if he fails to appear for the mediation appointment?

Normally, you would have the option to request a hearing on the "no contact" order, as those types of orders are typically issued "ex parte" (i.e., without your participation or involvement). You have the option to request a hearing before a magistrate to determine whether or not the ex parte order should be maintained, or not.

You really should contact a lawyer to discuss whether or not you should request a hearing, and find out what possible ramifications might come from requesting a hearing and losing, if any.

Assuming you do nothing, and the no contact order remains in place, what is the down side? Do you really need to have contact with your ex?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 01:07 pm
@please-help,
What do you mean?

He has petitioned the court to see the kids or you?

Please be more specific.

If he didn't show up for the hearing, then he has lost interest. YOU don't have to do anything now. He was the one who started everything, and then didn't show up to plead his case. Ignore all of this.
0 Replies