A question for Christians.

husker

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:15 pm
mesquite wrote:
Husker,
When you mentioned the Marshall Islands, healing, and pentecostal activity, those were red flags to me. Even with the best of intentions, I believe that faith healers can prevent people from getting real medical help.

nope not going there - I won't take anyone there - or my theology is not that twisted to tell someone not to seek help from a physican. Jesus says give me your burdens but don't be a fool or something like that - contrary to what many might think we are capable to critical thought - just not critical spelling.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:17 pm
SCoates wrote:
It just looks somewhat familiar...

I might have gotten off a igniting ministries media cd or something - cannot remember - lol
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:32 pm
husker wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Husker,
When you mentioned the Marshall Islands, healing, and pentecostal activity, those were red flags to me. Even with the best of intentions, I believe that faith healers can prevent people from getting real medical help.

nope not going there - I won't take anyone there - or my theology is not that twisted to tell someone not to seek help from a physican. Jesus says give me your burdens but don't be a fool or something like that - contrary to what many might think we are capable to critical thought - just not critical spelling.

Thanks for the answer Husker. I know that you are respected on A2K.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:42 pm
I went to a spiritual physic fair for some reading just to check it out and see what the scoop was, that's a topic of it's own. (some people I know really wanted me to have a reading)
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:50 pm
Will you get a chance to do any snorkeling while you are there? I spent 4 years on Guam and just loved the ocean over there.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:02 pm
mesquite wrote:
Will you get a chance to do any snorkeling while you are there? I spent 4 years on Guam and just loved the ocean over there.

Did I say I was going there? LOL - I'd like to but time\vacation and $$
make it a very long way off. You have large groups moving to the west coast - my guess - they have said is that they are running out of room and the younger generations need some sort of future. They are trying hard to hold on to the Culture they have. I've know some of these folks 3 years and the english is just as bad as it was 3 years ago.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:07 pm
There I go making assumptions again. Embarrassed Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:11 pm
no problem

I'm just an (AWG) that can jump Cool
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:20 pm
Walter: are there at this moment more Catholics or more Protestants in Germany? They use to call the Netherlands a Protestant country - which can be true concerning our culture and our Royal Family -, but meanwhile, the Catholic population is twice as large as the Protestant population (5 million to 2.4 million). Catholics rule :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:33 pm
26, 454, 000 Protestants
26, 656, 000 Catholics

This are the latest figures (31.12.2001)[source: © Statistisches Bundesamt Deutschland 2003 > thus, other figures - like 45% Protestant, 37% Catholic, which can be found on the www - seem to be not official]
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 02:21 pm
Aha - thanks for the information
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:22 pm
The question was: "Would it make any difference to a Christian if it was proved that Christ never lived" or something like that.

Answer (all speculation of course): It would probably turn the blind-faith fanatical "you're all going to hell" crowd into flaming athiests.

It would not make a great deal of difference to a large group who use the Church primarily for social interaction or social standing in the community. They don't take religion all that seriously now and would likely ignore anything that might make waves.

The true believer could never be convinced Jesus never lived since s/he experiences the Christ personally and is changed as a result.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 12:26 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Answer (all speculation of course): It would probably turn the blind-faith fanatical "you're all going to hell" crowd into flaming athiests.

Oh no! Then all of us flaming atheists would have to become something else....agnostics maybe?
0 Replies