What is DealPly?

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 08:12 am
Hi, i am looking through the programs installed on my computer and DealPly is unknown to me. What does it do? I don't remember installing it, but i noticed that when i tried to delete it, nothing actually happened and its still there. Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,870 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 08:14 am
@hippobagel,
Quote:
Adware:Win32/DealPly is an adware program that displays offers related to your web browsing habits.
It may be bundled with certain third-party software installation programs.
(microsoft)
0 Replies

TonyStevenson

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 03:19 am
@hippobagel,
Hello Members,

DealPly is a browser add-on that provides highly relevant deals and shopping offers when browsing the web. The DealPly widget is displayed right below the web site currently being browsed, providing the user with exclusive shopping offers, saving them time and money in their online shopping experience.

Thank You
Tony Stevenson
hippobagel

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 08:29 am
@TonyStevenson,
Well, i do not want it, and i did not installed it, what i do want is to remove it.
I read here Edit [Moderator]: Link removed that DualPly takes control over my searches and manages them. Who need this kind of thing on his computer?!
Luckily, there were also removal instructions and now its finally gone.
Removing it from Control Panel was not enough so i had to delete it also from the extensions and addons in my browser (i'm using Firefox) and i downloaded an antimalware program to keep me safe from infections like this one.
0 Replies