127
   

How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

 
 
GorDie
 
  0  
Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 06:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
You cannot. I am a Christian, Islamic, Hindu, Mythologist (Greek Norse American) and there are no contradictions in any of these religions.

In fact they all support each other in philosophy, history, moral code, and in the end they all suggest a Monotheist creator did everything.

Atheism is a religion which you have acquired through faith in corrupt politician's advocating of "sciences" which you have never seen or partaken in, nor have you been introduced to the highly paid "scientists" who tell the world morals are fictitious man made opinion statements by promoting Atheism.

Religion is 100% scientifically accurate, historically, Morally, and scientifically.
Krumple
 
  1  
Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 07:46 pm
@GorDie,
GorDie wrote:
In fact they all support each other in philosophy, history, moral code, and in the end they all suggest a Monotheist creator did everything.


No they don't. How does hinduism support a monotheist creator when hinduism is NOT even monotheistic? You are a moron.

GorDie wrote:

Atheism is a religion


If atheism is a religion then not collecting stamps is a hobby. You are a moron. Atheism is the rejection of a claim that a god exists. That's it. It is a lack of a believe in a god or gods. You don't need any science or anything to bring you to the point of atheism. All you need is reason and logic. Something that you clearly lack.

GorDie wrote:

Religion is 100% scientifically accurate, historically, Morally, and scientifically.


Which is why it has been proven time and time again to get things wrong?
Frank Apisa
 
  -3  
Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 08:33 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Atheism is the rejection of a claim that a god exists. That's it. It is a lack of a believe in a god or gods. You don't need any science or anything to bring you to the point of atheism. All you need is reason and logic. Something that you clearly lack.


http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ifK8cFEn--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/196qxycq0lk1djpg.jpg
0 Replies
 
HesDeltanCaptain
 
  0  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 08:51 am
@reasoning logic,
What about alien religions? Is every alien's religion automatically wrong if one or more of our's is right?

Wanna make your minister, rabbi, or Imam squirm, ask em that Smile
GorDie
 
  0  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 09:17 am
@Krumple,
A Religion is: A Belief System.

Atheism is a belief system. it is 100% a religion.

Hinduism has 1 God, not many a God, it has many gods and deities, but that does not make it any less monotheist, because gods and deities have no personalities or divinity. They are like freckles on Krishna, who is the grand sum off All entities, all controlling agents of reality, and is all encompassing.
0 Replies
 
GorDie
 
  0  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 09:22 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
No. IN fact if aliens are real, that would only reinforce the Current worldly religions. It does not conflict with them,
0 Replies
 
HesDeltanCaptain
 
  0  
Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 07:21 pm
If a god exists and wants its religion obeyed let it throw down a glowing book no human being could have written on the steps of the UN. Until that happens I'm assuming every religion was written by people in a highly specific and localized area for themselves and their immediate fellows.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 07:36 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
A-yep. If there is a god and it demands belief, then uses its superhuman powers to hide from us, then **** that god. Anyhoo, until something better than these old myths turns up, I'm not committing to any of them. Makes a lot more sense that those stories were written by people who wanted political control over the gullible masses. And it'll keep working as long as gullibility is so popular.
HesDeltanCaptain
 
  0  
Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 07:43 pm
@FBM,
Far more reasons of actual reality and reason to once again worship the Sun as a deity than any proper religious one.

If you mock my Sun-god and defiantly lie out bareskin to it defying it, it's gonna have a very real negative consequence. Smile My god exists and punishes those who scoff at its power. Their god sits idly by every time a church van goes over a cliff killing everyone aboard. My god gives me vitamin D and every atom of my body. Their god makes them all miserable obeying it. My god gives me light, warmth, and natural beauty. Their god does well, nothing really.

Sun worship makes a helluva lot more sense than any other deity-worship.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  0  
Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 08:13 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
A-yep. If there is a god and it demands belief, then uses its superhuman powers to hide from us, then **** that god. . .
So, you really believe God would hide from you?

Really?
neologist
 
  0  
Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 08:19 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
HesDeltanCaptain wrote:
If a god exists and wants its religion obeyed let it throw down a glowing book no human being could have written on the steps of the UN. . . .
What else would you wish?
Autographed copy?
Perhaps an audio version?
Gold plate?
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 10:04 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

FBM wrote:
A-yep. If there is a god and it demands belief, then uses its superhuman powers to hide from us, then **** that god. . .
So, you really believe God would hide from you?

Really?


Where is he/it? I've been looking for decades now. Early on, I just assumed he/it was there. When I actually started looking, though... Question
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 12:00 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Where is he/it? I've been looking for decades now. Early on, I just assumed he/it was there. When I actually started looking, though... Question
We have ruminated over the term 'evidence' before. Many things are evidence - fossils - sun -moon - stars. It's how we interpret the evidence that will lead us to the truth. Even though we recognize absolutes, we live in a world of relatives, anecdotal truth, circumstantial evidence, and, in science, statistical significance. Solomon wrote that we should "keep searching for it as silver" - Proverbs 2:4

Why silver? You may ask. It is because, unlike gold, silver is not usually found in its elemental state. When found, it has to be refined. So when you come upon truth, it may not hit you like the lightning bolt you hoped for. Or a 'glowing book', for that matter.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:32 am
@neologist,
If I may be so crude as to drag this back away from the world of metaphors, the half-lives of radioactive isotopes are not open to interpretation. Refinement by experimentation, yes. If a fossil is dated to 400 MYA and someone's religious filter makes him claim that the earth is only 10k years old, that person is simply wrong. It's not a matter of interpretation at the very fundamental level. At the metaphorical level, sure. But when it comes to talking about things in metaphors, we've left the world of evidence-based facts and entered the realms of opinion, hope and preference. I'm not interested in those realms. Already been there, done that. Now I'm done with it.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:09 am
@FBM,
Have you looked in the mirror? There you will find the God of reality, "Your reality.
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:19 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
If I may be so crude as to drag this back away from the world of metaphors, the half-lives of radioactive isotopes are not open to interpretation. Refinement by experimentation, yes. If a fossil is dated to 400 MYA and someone's religious filter makes him claim that the earth is only 10k years old, that person is simply wrong. . .
Is it what the Bible says. . . Or what people say about what the Bible says that you are referring to? For example, a careful reading of Genesis 1:1 indicates an unspecified time before the first day of creation. And the Hebrew word 'yom', translated 'day' is also of unspecified length. To note: Genesis 2:4 lumps the first 6 into one. And the 7th day has yet to be recorded as having ended.

So your 10k reference is now a straw man.

Silver ore is valuable but must be refined
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:20 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Have you looked in the mirror? There you will find the God of reality, "Your reality.


I look in the mirror about as often as anyone else, I'd guess. Why would the mirror reveal a god that the bus stop or check-out counter wouldn't?
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:20 am
@reasoning logic,
Welcome back RL.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:24 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Is it what the Bible says. . . Or what people say about what the Bible says that you are referring to? For example, a careful reading of Genesis 1:1 indicates an unspecified time before the first day of creation. And the Hebrew word 'yom', translated 'day' is also of unspecified length. To note: Genesis 2:4 lumps the first 6 into one. And the 7th day has yet to be recorded as having ended.

So your 10k reference is now a straw man.

Silver ore is valuable but must be refined


My reference to 10k would be a straw man if I were attributing it to you. But I wasn't. I was making note of the fact that there are many fundies who do believe exactly that. Ken Ham and his ilk, for example. Not to mention Westboro BC.

Quote:
Silver ore is valuable but must be refined


So is the stuff that it takes to make cheap plastic. This is why I don't base my understandings on metaphors and other rhetoric. If you want me to accept your god, then show me clear and incontrovertible evidence that such a thing exists.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:28 am
@FBM,
Quote:
I look in the mirror about as often as anyone else, I'd guess. Why would the mirror reveal a god that the bus stop or check-out counter wouldn't?


Every thing you think you know comes from your brain, even though every experience came from your environment. "Perception?"
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 01/25/2022 at 03:06:04