How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Leadfoot

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 11:26 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
And many people who hold a non-popular view of a creator God are summarily dismissed as delusional, even by those with the popular view of God.

That is true. I find myself seen exactly as you say.

But is it a good reason to reject it? Should we choose what we believe based on its popularity?

And since we are presumably taking a scientific approach in this thought experiment, what would the tenets of various religions predict if one is seeking after their God? In the case of religions that cite the Bible as a source of predictive wisdom, the scenario you describe is precisely what it predicts. Chalk one up for Christianity as described in the Bible.

Even in science one must be willing to go against the popular conception if the evidence leads there. Why would we not expect the same to be true if seeking God?
0 Replies

steven bill

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 02:10 am
@neologist,
if all religions are wrong--it is as you say.but be careful what you say though, they shape the way you think.
reasoning logic

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:14 pm
@steven bill,
Do you think any religion could be correct about creation?
cicerone imposter

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 07:54 pm
@steven bill,
Actually, it's more harmful to believe that god created this planet and its inhabitants. This planet is over 4.5 billion years old, not 7 thousand years old as the bible claims. In addition to that error in the bible, there are just too many gods that men have created since we evolved from the primates. The majority of those gods were worshipped with all their hearts, mind and fervor just like your belief in your savior. Just accept the fact that we homo sapiens are sexually produced like most other animals, and we live our short lives trying to find reasons and purpose for it. Many find comfort in their god(s), and that's okay as long as they don't harm others. Looking back at history, we know that religion has been responsible for many suffering.
Aetherian

Thu 30 Aug, 2018 03:34 am
@reasoning logic,
I can only give my version of things, which depend on the teachings of George King. I knew him and spent some time with him. He was a Yogi Adept and in
telepathic communication with Adepts from the planets.
There is no need for worship of IT which does not want it, but recognition and
gratitude is beneficial and should be directed to that part of IT which is the Sun.
IT is ALL and the creative aspect is Feminine in the Force of Love .
For the spiritual candidate there is no need for churches.They are all on the path to reunite with IT through many reincarnations , just a bit more aware of of it. We accepted the offer of freewill , and are reaping some of the reactions to its misuse imposed by the Law.
We are not all enjoying it in this particular phase, which is only a
holographic version of the real, some accepting limitation in sacrifice for the rest, but the vibrations on earth are increasing since the event in 1964 leading to the elevated state expected and foretold.
reasoning logic

Thu 30 Aug, 2018 03:41 am
@Aetherian,
That pretty much sums it up. Wink
0 Replies

steven bill

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 01:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
if you read the bible very well you will note that God himself claims to be a timeless God. To him, a day like a century, a century like a minute. He also questioned job, who are you to question me and what i do?
of course, it makes no sense to you. but i should like to let you know--as one of the basic steps to understand God, that he created logic, chose to defy it.he created Good, allowed evil.
, yet still.
he gives rain to the just and the unjust according to the bible meaning that if you are a righteous person in deeds it does'nt make you excape dissame situations the unjust face.
Look at the world around you. Gods spirit is in the shape of every thing he created and its the only way you can truely know him. [ignore the broken grammer rule, please]
0 Replies

steven bill

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 01:54 am
@reasoning logic,
christianity is correct about creation. why? because the planet was created unconditionally. and every thing has a cause--love caused it.
can give me a reason why those ugly monkeys exist, or why spiders and rats wont let us be. go on, philosophy would keep generating stupid reasons from time to time.
but if non can tell me why we do have a bed bug, then its very stupid.
nothing really evolved--its just a word best to fit what we do think of the world.
unlike old times science is now creating a perspective. that is why men think religion and science cant be together.
if you dont believe in God. Can you as a man, be as sure as the sun and moon on your purpose. Without some errors in your life? if you cant be a really perfect man, who are you to spek about the world fundamentals?[things we cant control] when even little enviromental things like goverment and economics seem very out of control?
the sun, the moon, the mountains are perfect in their Glory, we are not.
Yet we claim there is no God.
fresco

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 06:00 am
@steven bill,
'everthing has a cause' ......WRONG !

Even the 'thing' we might call 'cause' is thinged by humans who do all the thinging as a structural by-product of the functionality of human language.
brianjakub

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 06:20 am
@fresco,
You dont need human languge for the universe or things to exist for a purpose. But things are more enjoyable to experience if you can share the experience. Just because man is necessary for God to have someone to share the experience with He does not "need" us.

You are correct in saying
Quote:
Everything has a cause…… Wrong

The creator of the universe did not have a cause. Before there was a physical universe to experience Him, He existed as an idea. An idea he formed using words. The living word Jesus Christ.

Then the living word became a physical person so we could physically experience him. Someday he will come back and we will experience human perfection . (If we believe and live that belief)

So all functionality isn't a result of human language it is the result of God's language . You are very close though you were on the right track .
fresco

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 08:22 am
@brianjakub,
Nah...that's just anthropocentric claptrap. Your mythical entity would logically be better off with 'innocent' creatures like dolphins to 'share the experience'. Indeed, given the self destructive tendencies of homo sapiens, that could even be 'the divine plan' ! Laughing
0 Replies

rosborne979

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:01 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:
The creator of the universe did not have a cause. Before there was a physical universe to experience Him, He existed as an idea. An idea he formed using words. The living word Jesus Christ.

Then the living word became a physical person so we could physically experience him. Someday he will come back and we will experience human perfection . (If we believe and live that belief)

So all functionality isn't a result of human language it is the result of God's language . You are very close though you were on the right track .

This type of stuff, all by itself, is more than sufficient evidence that nobody in their right mind should ever be entering into any type of scientific discussion with you. The core of your basic thought process has been completely founded upon and corrupted by prehistoric claptrap and nonsense.
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:07 am
@rosborne979,
bj should work in the comic book industry. Great imagination.
fresco

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
bj is merely displaying the complete dominance of 'word magic' in his thinking.
Hypnotists , despots and priests all cash in on this insidious aspect of language.
The psychological sleight of hand epitomised by 'God/Jesus IS the Word' is the catch-all antidote to the accusation of 'word magic' as the basis of much religious practice and the concept of 'sacred texts'.
brianjakub

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:41 pm
@rosborne979,
How do you think the first atoms of matter came into being? Do you think they appeared at the first initial stages of the Big bang?
brianjakub

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 01:06 pm
@fresco,
The orogim of atpms question Goes out to you and Cicerone also.
rosborne979

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 01:20 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:
How do you think the first atoms of matter came into being? Do you think they appeared at the first initial stages of the Big bang?

You're wasting my time Brian. You are not really interested in understanding anything. You're just desperately seeking ways to rationalize your religious fantasies, and I'm not interested in playing that game with you.
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 01:23 pm
@rosborne979,
At least bj is getting the attention he desires so much! LOL.
0 Replies

fresco

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 01:37 pm
@brianjakub,
Both 'origin' and 'atoms' are human concepts which have utility in specific contexts and not others.
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Aug, 2018 01:53 pm
@fresco,
Excellent point. We humans even question what "reality" is. I studied Philosophy in college, but I wouldn't know how to explain what it is.
0 Replies