The Worst College in America Award goes to ....

IronLionZion

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:45 pm
Eva wrote:
but they don't accept disabled students either.

Why?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:06 pm
They have "physical education standards" that require all of their students to run at least 1 mi. per day. And their campus is built on a very hilly site, which would be difficult if not impossible for anyone in a wheelchair to navigate. But many of us here in Tulsa have suspected other motives. A lot of people believe the intent has always been to project an image of perfect health.

At least, those were their policies ten or so years ago. They may have changed with the ADA. Still, it was reprehensible.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:55 pm
I attended a strict Christian fundamentalist university, but I was expelled for studying while Jewish.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 10:10 am
Quote:
Male and female dorms were on opposite sides of the campus and you weren't allowed on the wrong side after midnight.

Has that ever stopped a horny teen? It wouldn't have stopped me, & wouldn't have even slowed down my wife. If the room had a window (and was below the 4th floor), she'd be inside.

Quote:
is also odd that they are forbidden to watch "R" movies

So, ironically, they couldn't watch "The Passion of Christ"?

Quote:
I find that it is more fun doing some things when there are rules to be broken!

True. Sounds like when...wait, I don't think the statute of limitations has expired yet.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 05:10 pm
I heard that Oral Roberts U won't accept overweight students because gluttony is a sin. Maybe most of us fat folk are guilty of gluttony, but there ARE people out there genetically disposed to being fat. Oh- wait a minute- I forgot genetics is science and contrary to Fundamentalist Christian principles.

I wonder what Liberty U's course content is like. Such repression is bound to have an effect on what can be taught. Or maybe they go ahead and teach it, but require students to be blindfolded and earplugged while they do it, giving them practice for ignoring reality after they graduate? And do students have to burn their textbooks after the final exam?
0 Replies

gotlift

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:38 pm
Runner Up for worst college in america goes TO:
To whom it may concern, SEWARD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE in LIBERAL,KS is the worst college in america. They have drunks Drunk for teachers and coaches, no discipline at all, bad facilities, And very un-kind students. Evil or Very Mad anyone considering going here, Please think twice.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:50 pm
This splintering of forums is not condusive to effective communication.

A teaching forum?

I mean, seriously, A2K has nowhere near enough members to support such a plethora of niche-like forums.

It only has the effect of killing off potential discussions before they begin, because few potential respondants even go there.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:53 pm
That's simply not true, as most members surf through the search pages and not the forum pages.

You say it's not conducive without knowing a whit about what you say.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:00 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
That's simply not true, as most members surf through the search pages and not the forum pages.

You say it's not conducive without knowing a whit about what you say.

I like how the utter lack of decent threads in this forum makes my point for me.

I did spell conducive wrong, though.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:01 pm
That's your opinion. There have been a lot of fine discussions here.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:06 pm
Hey, maybe if we continue this discussion we can be the eighth *gasp* thread to make to two pages. Awesome.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:13 pm
I'd also like to point out - while I'm dispenisng my valuble free advice - that all of the various geographic forums should be amalgamated into the international news forum for the forseeable future. You're welcome.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:22 pm
The advice is worth at least three times the price.

Incidentally combining the international forums was something considered. Thing is, they aren't really supposed to be about news either and should be more travel/culture related.
0 Replies