PayPal cannot be trusted!

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 04:15 am
OK People, I have something for you.

Don't trust PayPal when using the service to get paid for digital goods. Because basically, I did a quick website design for someone, it was only 12 quid. But the fact of the matter is, they've just stolen this money from me.

So, I made the webpage, they sent me the money, I gave them the webpage. I then get an email saying that the transaction was unauthorized. And therefore, the money has been held. And there is no option on Paypal to say "No, they are wrong. It was not unauthorized" (Plus the only options were "Give them their money back" or "Give them their money back") And you cannot get your money back because Paypal do not cover payments for digital items. So, I've been scammed 12 quid. And Paypal can't do anything about it.
I've read everywhere that people have been scammed thousands! It's really bad.
It's all down to some loophole in Paypal's policies.
So, will everybody share this please, and spread the knowledge that Paypal cannot be trusted!

Thanks!

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 08:02 am
I don't think that the items are the problem. Paypal does not monitor the specific item being exchanged.

If I read this right: the problem was that the other party did not have the proper funds for Paypal to make its transfer into your account.

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:48 am
@PUNKEY,
I'm with Punkey. Paypal doesn't much care why $$ are being exchanged, except that of course they do not condone theft or other crimes (e. g. if you were paying a hooker through Paypal, that would be illegal in lots of places). Try whatever recourse you can get through the company that hired you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 07:44 pm
@aarenace,
I doubt very much that PayPal cannot be trusted. I've dealt with that firm for many years, and never had any problems; NEVER!
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 07:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I doubt very much that PayPal cannot be trusted. I've dealt with that firm for many years, and never had any problems; NEVER!

Same here.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 08:44 pm
You're all clever and correct. Paypal didn't pocket the cash, a thief did. And chances are he's done this many times, to many people, just like the thousands of scammers paypal allows to keep scamming. If paypal were really trustworthy, they'd tweak a few things and stop this from happening so frequently. So buyer beware cause paypal won't do much to solve the problem as long as clever people think they'll never get scammed.
0 Replies