How do DVD duplication company do their work legally?

Thu 14 Mar, 2013 12:17 am
I saw a movie on Youtube called "What I do for a Living". This man may burn about 150 DVDs an hour. He is been performing it for 5 years. He's over $15,000 worth of products. He claims he started with piracy a long time past, but believed it was wrong so started doing it the "legal means". How can one do this?

I would seriously like to get involved with this company and start making big bucks like this guy does. He should have more than 8 grand of pc equipment and electronics in his workplace.

It merely seems so prohibited, but I KNOW he could be doing it the lawful way. Somebody please logically explain how.

jespah

Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:31 am
@PaulBoles,
He probably just hasn't been caught/convicted yet.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:38 am
@PaulBoles,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

Works in the public domain are not covered by Copyright. It is not illegal to copy a public domain work, and then sell the copy.

Certain people have started doing this in the E-book arena, as well.
jespah

Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:42 am
@DrewDad,
Ah, yes, of course. Thanks, DrewDad.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:43 am
@PaulBoles,
If we're are in fact talking about already produced and copyrighted materials (Hollywood movies, cable and TV programming, etc...) the only way to do this legally is to get a legal contract with the studios or program distribution companies and let the DVD duplication company be a legal third party manufacturer or something on those lines.
0 Replies