Famous People Name Game With Pro Sports Players...

Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:17 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Bob Feller

La Fakers are done ... stick a fork in them. Not nearly as done as my Celts, though. Last night I watched Celts but frankly it was like watching a train wreck in slo-mo in the last half. They didn't belong in the playoffs with that piss-poor shooting.

IMHO they needed Rondo in order to be a contendah. Rondo and Green are a good nucleus. I'm not sure what KG has in his tank for next year as it'll be a transitional one. Hopefully, they'll stock up on athletic studs and a really good tall man that can play both ways. I pray that Doc stays with them through the next 2 season during this transition, however I'm not sure that'll happen. He's one of the finest coaches in the game. Mike (NoD)-Antoni wishes he was half the coach Doc is.

Clippers are interesting. I'm not sure what to make of their chances in the playoffs but the next few weeks will tell a lot of their character. SA will determine that. Sure seems Duncan doesn't want to show his age.

Lastly, no one is going to beat Miami this year or, barring injuries, next year. I thought this season it'd have been OKC, but without Harden I can't see them beating this season's Miami team. Miami's on a mission from God, and all that.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:46 am
@Ragman,
Bob Gibson...

Ha Ha...kinda funny we put the names, then just go on a discussion...but I like it...it is cool...

Quote:
La Fakers are done ... stick a fork in them. Not nearly as done as my Celts, though. Last night I watched Celts but frankly it was like watching a train wreck in slo-mo in the last half. They didn't belong in the playoffs with that piss-poor shooting.

I agree about the Lakers for now, but I also think they will be relevant for a long time...I think the Celtics with be an instant contender when Rondo comes back, in terms of an actual point...I would say that Rondo is the best in the game, if he is not...I would say Chris Paul is better...but I would definitely put Rondo second....Rondo is a double double, triple double almost every night...which is exactly what a team needs...I think KG has some left, but probably not more that 2 or 3 years at a high level...I think they will put Green there as a scorer, and will get a big man for shot blocking, and rebounding...and set the team up that way...

Quote:
I pray that Doc stays with them through the next 2 during the transition, however I'm not sure that'll happen.

I think Doc will stay for 2 more...maybe 3...

Quote:
Clippers are interesting. I'm not sure what to make of their chances in the playoffs but the next few weeks will tell a lot of their character.

I agree with you...and I would have to look over them more careful to say what I think they need...they really do not have a big time scorer, and I am not really impressed with Blake...I think they are great for that city since Lakers are gonna be rebuilding soon...but I really don't think Clippers are gonna win one anytime soon...but I do hope I am wrong...I think it is a nice show...but nothing more...right now...

Quote:
SA will determine that. Sure seems Duncan doesn't want to show his age.

SA is interesting also, because they have the best coaching, but I can see they are slowly fading, and I think it is going to crumple there...like it is with the Yanks right now...I think there window closes each year...

Quote:
Lastly, no one is going to beat Miami this year or, barring injuries, next year. I thought this season it'd have been OKC, but without Harden I can't see them beating this season's Miami team. Miami's on a mission from God, and all that.

I totally agree with everything you have said here...especially the injury factor...it is worry some for Heat fans with Wade's knees...but I think if they get a solid big man...they don't need a scorer, just a shot blocker, and rebounder...I think they win 2 maybe 3 more...

If I was Miami...I would put Mario as the point...Wade as my SG...Lebron as my SF...Bosh at PF...and a shot blocker, rebounder at center...Just a 7 foot big man...who can get an easy 4 or 5 buckets a night down low...

I would rotate Wade from PG, SG...and Lebron at SF, PF...and put Ray Allen as my SG...always keep Bosh at the PF position...and get 2 big men as my centers...one to start...and one to back-up who do nothing but block, and rebound...and rotate Bird man as my SF, PF...or whatever position he plays...and rotate Marion with Wade at point...and I don't think anyone would stop them anytime soon...not even OKC...

Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:51 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Althea Gibson

Hahaha. What you're doing is building the perfect fantasy basket-ball team. Why not just resurrect Hakeem Olajuwon and put him on that team?

As for Celts and Rondo...you got it. What amazes me about Rondo is that he does rebounding, too. I'd love to see a reliable rebounder who blocks shots, also does Offensive rebounding and can toss in a reliable 14+ points. Mmm.. Marc (not Pau) Gasol? I like Marc better than Pau. He's younger and it seems you can light his fuse easier.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:59 am
@Ragman,
Al Horford...

But Miami has most of those parts already...all they would have to do is grab two cheap big men...and it is set for a dynasty...

Rondo is great...as long as his temper is in check...Wink...Very Happy

Did you ever see how large his hands are? If you have not I will link that E.S.P.N. commercial...
Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 08:00 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Al Kaline

I have seen Rondo's fingers. They look like he has extensions on them. I think he can reach into a chicken and pluck the egg out before it gets laid.

Currently, I'm Jones-ing for a Rondo fix so I'm watching Rondo's 10 best plays. His passes make my knees wobbly and realize how sorely missed he is in the playoffs. Chris Paul is purty darned close. I like Chris Paul's heart and immense talent despite his smaller size. This game winner of his is zackly what I mean:

Before Doc is done coaching (with Celts) I'd like to see him and his reputation be cemented in as HOF coach.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 08:06 am
@Ragman,
Al Unser Jr...

I definitely think he will Rags...

I will be back later Rags...I hope your fantasy team does well tonight...
Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 08:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Bobby Unser

Ahahha...now that ad was funny.

Re my fantasy team: I'm tinkering with the roster (offense mainly) a little as I got a momentary offensive issue. The pitching is carrying things...and I've patterned the makeup for a crew of starting pitchers that can carry them forward -- mainly because the quality closers were already grabbed when I drafted. I'm experimenting to see how far I can get without a trade.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 08:52 am
@Ragman,

Bob Uecker
Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:06 am
@Region Philbis,
Bob Cousy
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:14 am
@Ragman,

DeMarcus Cousins
Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:16 am
@Region Philbis,
JaMarcus (don't-call-me-fat-I'm-just-big-boned) Russell
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:24 am
@Ragman,

Bill (11 rings) Russell
fbaezer

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:08 pm
@Region Philbis,
Bill Russell, LAD shortstop.

(My first reaction was: "Wait, Bill Russell only won one World Series")
Sturgis

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:12 pm
@fbaezer,
Russell Martin

(former Yankee, now with Pittsburgh)
fbaezer

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:42 pm
@Sturgis,
Martin Sheridan, US Olympian, gold medalist in 1904 and 1908:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Martin_Sheridan_1910_Mecca_card_front.jpg
Miller

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 05:28 pm
@fbaezer,
Fred T. Martin ( 1915 ) Pitcher
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 05:59 pm
@Miller,
Kenyon Martin...

Good to see you again Miller...Very Happy
Miller

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 06:15 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,