Scotland correctional INST N.C. my son is in prison

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 11:17 pm
My son has been in prison since 2009 and was just sent to scotland 12-12-2012 I have seen him one time there now they are on lock down have been since 1-14-13 and I can't see him. I have not had a letter in almost a month and his letter just was not right. and I spoke to him be for the letter. he can call me I do have phone time. I call every week and ask about setting up a visit. and they are still on lock down. this is not like my son not to be in touch with me. can some one help me to fined out what is going on. I love my son he has money I send money so he can write. this just don't feel right and I do not want to make it hard on him in there stuff does happen,,,please help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,505 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 06:45 am
@terryglenn,
Contact the warden's office and ask what the procedures are during lock down, and what this truly means, not just for your son but for the prison population in general. You need to know what this rather vague term truly means to that particular institution, in order to determine whether external contact is even allowed to prisoners like your son (it might not be).
0 Replies

luvbird

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 04:17 pm
@terryglenn,
Supposedly there were a couple of gang related incidents. They've only been allowed out maybe 30-60 mins a day so it's hard to wait for a phone, especially if it's eating time or if he wants to shower. Also, something happened with the mail a month ago. The COs held it for a while before actually sending it out, almost a month. They are moving to a new phase next week so hopefully lock down isn't much longer. You can also go on ncdor to see if he has any infractions. He might be in the hole, and have no privileges. Or just stressed out from all the commotion. Best of luck to you.
0 Replies