What kind of diamond is best white,red,pink or blue?

kapishjewels

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 04:40 am
@brangill,
My vote goes to white diamond.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:15 pm
@ekename,
Rightly! Cut is important too, but my wife liked emerald cut, so that's what she got. I like the standard cut that produces the sparkle and colors.
glitterbag

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 10:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I love the white diamonds....they go with everything and frankly if I want pink, green, blue or yellow there are a ton of natural stones/gems other than diamond that give you a more vibrant or subdued color color that I think are superior (my preference). I wouldn't buy chocolate or black diamonds because I just don't like them..Some folks think they snazzy, but I have a smokey quartz that I prefer, but that's just me. The Smithsonian has incredible blue diamonds, but most jewelers don't.

If you want to invest in a valuable stone, please have it appraised to make sure the caret weight and color are true to the claims. Also, if you spend a ton of bucks on a diamond and need to sell it in a year or so, I doubt you will find any one (especially a jeweler) who will offer you anything near what you originally paid. Read, read, read everything you can on gems and avoid the Kay Jeweler and similar stores because they will sell you a cluster of chocolate diamonds and tell you you invested in the Hope Diamond. (let me rephrase that, go to Kay's or Jarads if you want to, just don't get too sucked in by the sales pitch)...You should buy what you like, regardless of my preference....just make sure you are not paying 10 times more it's worth. Happy hunting.
farmerman

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 06:06 am
@glitterbag,
diamonds are not the rare stones that the dealers want you to believe. So many diamonds are held off the market annually by the major providers that if you knew that this was all just to maintain some market value in a commodity whose actual value is a scam. Several new diamond sources (including Canada and Australia) have partially opened to the market and I expect a gradual dip in karat values and a gradual "up grading" of fancies.
We bought a tanzanite pendant for my wife last year and I recommend looking at such stones whose value is tied to a single source mine in one spot in the world.

They've discovered a kimberlitic pipe in eastern Pa and recent geological surveys have shown the presence of specific type garnets in the kimberlite that indicate the possible presence of diamonds. NOONE is rushing to develop this find. After the big Canadian diamond strike,(Dominion Diamonds of Toronto) they're having enough trouble with the abundance of stones.
My money is on Rio Tinto, the major supplier of pink an red diamonds , and Al Rosa. All the second layer diamond suppliers produce more than 2X the annual K count of De Beers.
glitterbag

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 07:06 am
@farmerman,
I knew a ton of the stones are held back to keep the price and demand up.....even so, I just like the versatility of the white stones (personal preference). We have a friend in Falls Church Virginia who designs custom jewelry and he made his wife a beautiful deep blue iolite pendant, I thought it was tanzanite (I do lust after Tanzanite) and was happy to see iolite came in larger carat weight.

Of course you're right, single source mine give you more value. The next stone on my wish list is aquamarine.....but I have cataract surgery scheduled for the end of August and can't trust my vision quite yet. It's amazing how many tiny details slowly disappear from your line of vision when those things are getting cloudy. Anyhow, I'm waiting until my vision is back to quasi normal before I buy anything.
0 Replies

sarahjohn5

Tue 1 Aug, 2017 12:27 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
White, red, pink & blue all are perfect diamonds looks fabulous but white is stunning always recommended white diamond
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 03:48 pm
@farmerman,
I also bought a tanzanite for my wife many years ago when I was in Tanzania on a safari. It's a emerald cut, because that's her favorite, and that's the cut I got for her engagement ring. A jeweler from Florida helped me pick the stone, so I felt pretty good about the purchase. She's never worn it.
Interesting info on tanzanite.
Unlike most gemstones that have a variety of locales, this relatively new stone has only been found in Northern Tanzania. The first gemstone was discovered by Masai tribesman Ali Juuyawatu in 1967.

Tanzanite is a blue gem-quality variety of zoisite and is one of the official birthstones of December. Experts predict that the tanzanite supply could be depleted within the next 20-30 years, making this stone significantly more rare than diamonds.

Buying Tip: Tanzanite ranks 6-7 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness so it is durable enough for everyday wear. The most prized color is a pure blue that is almost indistinguishable from blue sapphire. Most tanzanite owes its color intensity to heat treatment. In order to maximize color potential, seek stones 5 carats of greater.

Average Price Per Carat: $1,200 for high-quality stones.
farmerman

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 04:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
clino-zoisite
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 7 Aug, 2017 09:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have lusted after Tanzanite since I first laid eyes on one. Wow. I love the deep blue with subtle purple hue......I should ask farmerman if that color has been treated. I'm not sure that would stop me from buying one, but it would make a difference in how much I'd be willing to spend.
0 Replies

zorik

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 03:00 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
According to me White Diamond is best option of engagement and wedding rings.
0 Replies

foreverturquoise

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 10:25 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
I would say a colourless diamond is the best and should be set in a white gold or platinum. A heart-shaped halo setting concept would be perfect for an engagement ring.
0 Replies

Aarohi Sharma

Tue 5 Dec, 2017 11:46 pm
@GoelDiamonds23,
The most popular colors of diamond which are in trend is a combination of pink, blue, brown, yellow, orange, green and red. White, red, blue and green diamonds are very rare diamond types.So,combination as mention above is best.
roger

Tue 5 Dec, 2017 11:47 pm
@Aarohi Sharma,
All in one stone? Rare indeed.
glitterbag

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 12:35 am
@roger,
Roger, you must know how much I love you, you are a fellow smart-ass.
roger

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 12:58 am
@glitterbag,
practice practice practice
0 Replies