March Madness - How Ya Doing?

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 11:33 am
Exciting games, indeed. I was pulling for Duke after Ga Tech won only because that would "prove" that the ACC is the best conference. But UConn is a great team and will probably win handily.
And their women's team also has a shot. Wee done!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 01:04 pm
It was somewhat ironic that Bynum made the winning Tech basket after having done poorly on three successive possessions (offensive and defensive) shortly before.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:07 am
has the same school ever won both the men's & women's titles?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 07:26 am
Ga Tech beat Uconn in preseason, they are not a walk over.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 08:16 am
Uconn is half way there. One more game to go.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 02:55 pm
I'm told by one of my employee's that no school has won the men's and women's championship in the same year. Duke apparently had a shot at it a few year's ago but the men's team faltered.
Anyway, regardless of how it turns out, congrats to the Huskies. My understanding is that they run a scandal free program. Unfortunately that is the exception rather than the norm in big school athletics.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 09:12 pm
Uconn just raised the bar. Both men's and women's teams are 2004 NCAA basketball champions.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:09 pm
I don't see how GT made it this far. I guess they just benefited from their easy road to San Antone. Confused
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:15 pm
realjohnboy wrote:

Anyway, regardless of how it turns out, congrats to the Huskies. My understanding is that they run a scandal free program. Unfortunately that is the exception rather than the norm in big school athletics.

UConn has done very well, but Duke exemplifies class in the college game, Coach K is a living legend.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:21 pm
What no one as mentioned is that the pressure was on the women's team this evening. The men won an NCAA championship game, not an inconsiderable achievement but not unique. However if the women won they would set a whole new standard for basketball programs to meet, both men's and women's championships in the same year. That is where the pressure was and they met it handily. The Uconn women Huskies are a class act.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:17 pm
I just thought you were an Italian or a casual WNCAA Basketball fan, and then I noticed your location Laughing
0 Replies