Change

Tomjg

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 10:50 am
It seems to me that in most cultures and societies there is a strong tendency for people to be in favor of existing conditions and to feel existing conditions are “best” and even in some way “natural.” This does not mean that all people feel that way, but that most do. Change comes about as the people “push” the boundaries of social norms or as those people who are not in favor of existing conditions start to voice their opinions. In this way people in general begin to become more comfortable with the particular change either by hearing about them or by experiencing small changes. As people become more comfortable with the change, change is more likely to occur. Once the change occurs, either through small incremental change or large change that people have become comfortable with, the change becomes the new existing conditions and there develops a tendency for people to feel that the new existing conditions are “best” and even in some way “natural.”

This is what I feel has happened, since the beginning of the 20th century in regard to women exposing more of their bodies either in terms of exposing more skin or wearing tighter clothes. I feel this change is most clear in regard to beach wear, but it can be seen in other types of clothing also. At the beginning of the 20th century women wore bathing costumes that covered almost their entire bodies and even had skirts to conceal their forms. The amount of clothing that women comfortable wearing in public has become less and less over the 20th century, particularly on the beach, but also elsewhere. This also has occurred as women have become more independent and assertive, so for this reason and others I feel the tendency for women to wear has generally been pushed by women. I feel that this change will continue until women become willing to be completely naked in public.

Tom,
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,456 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 12:48 pm
@Tomjg,
Tom I disagree--since the trick after all is to expose just enough to keep us interested
Tomjg

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 01:57 pm
@dalehileman,
Thank you for replying Dalehileman. Also from your post I’m assuming you are a man. I don’t know why there has been a trend regarding women wearing less, it could be for many reasons other than “. . . to expose just enough to keep us interested.” I cannot foretell the future, so I cannot know for certain that the change will continue until women will become willing to be completely naked in public, but if the trend continues that will happen. Also, I made other points in this comment. As a correction my second to last sentence in my first post to this thread should read “This also has occurred as women have become more independent and assertive, so for this reason and others I feel the tendency for women to wear less has generally been pushed by women.” I added the word “less.” I don’t know how to edit my posts on this board.

Tom,
dalehileman

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 03:04 pm
@Tomjg,
Quote:
Also from your post I’m assuming you are a man.
Yea Tom, but judging from many other such threadsI can understanding your q

Quote:
I don’t know how to edit my posts on this board.
After 15 min you're not supposed to be able to. However there's a trick which however they don't want you to know about so if you're interested I am [email protected]
0 Replies

imans

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 03:11 am
@Tomjg,
on the contrary u must b a man to say such vil thing, what u mean is to use women as else so u dont have to go through what could humiliate urself value

in that way u r on the contrary being naked urself exhibitin the proof of ur end to hell

if women are an objective existing kind then women at least like objects have certain value
when by perceiving an objective value u dont consider it existing by the freedom right u realize to, then u should never exist nor b present conscious around anything

the evil u r is what jump to claim that women wants that, knowing that all women dont speak and if any woman would it is easy to shut her down

piece of dirty freak, women have shown nothing but the opposite for any honest observer, they are becomin males more then males themselves, since male is the superior figure and since it is the prior condition before positive existence could b possibly realized

everywhere women are wearing men clothes throwin their heels for comfortable long warm walks

and for the beach story, also on the contrary everywhere is against sun expositions while women fashion is to protect the softness of their skin by keeping good quality of textiles on

Tomjg

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:46 am
@imans,
Iman, I don't know what you are talking about.
Tom,
JLNobody

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 12:43 pm
@Tomjg,
Tomjg, I don't think anyone does. If I were to have a wish granted--about change--it would be the removal of trolls who are not only rude but also rarely understandable.
0 Replies

Looking4Truth

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:52 pm
We all constantly change. What are we changing into?
0 Replies