Mini hot dogs - oh, nooooooo

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 06:00 pm
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/2013/02/mini_hot_dogs_h.php

I have pretty much weaned myself from both hot dogs with their ingredients and bad buns, but these are calling my name.

Do you still eat hot dogs?

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/assets_c/2013/02/frankfamous2x-thumb-569x388.jpg

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 06:08 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Do you still eat hot dogs?

oh yeah

fancy ones and junky ones

I have great memories of the hot dog vendor near the SIHNYC on Lee Strasberg Way. I stopped by him when I was coming in from a late evening in NYC - asked him to make me the perfect New York dog. He'd always fix me up something special - so many toppings it was almost a buffet.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 06:08 pm
@ossobuco,
I would avoid those on the left. I do not like the greenish tinge to the mustard.

Once in a while, I will pack up a three pack of Hebrew Nationals when I'm at Sam's. I probably shouldn't, as it's too easy to fry up a couple and call it a meal. I don't use buns, though. I don't need two different bread products setting around, getting stale.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 06:12 pm
@ossobuco,
oooh those are the mini veal dogs from around Albany

good eating!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 06:16 pm
@ehBeth,
I've never been to Albany, she sings..

(or France either)
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 06:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh I want to gobble these up. I love hot dogs. Now I'm going to dream about them.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 06:58 pm
@ossobuco,
yes, but almost never anything but quality all beef dogs. i swear that I can feel the bone grit on my teeth when eating mechanically separated poultry dogs, so I refuse to eat them now. plus my mom always bought the worst of the worst growing up because they were cheaper, and according to her a hot dog is a hot dog.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 07:00 pm
Tonight we are having Oscar Mayer Selects. (No artificial preservatives. Smoked uncured. No nitrites or nitrates added. Not preserved)

While I don't think hot dogs are that great, health-wise, I do eat these, without bread.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 07:03 pm
Horsemeat Found In 75 Percent Of Polish 'Beef' Imported To Ireland: Government
From Huffpost
Lola

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 07:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm going to have to go buy hot dogs for dinner. Once Bernie and I ate hot dogs every day for a week. Then we got sick. But it sure was fun. Ohhhhhhhhh, I want a hot dog now. Hungry. hungry
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 07:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
mmmm horsemeat

amazing that they can afford it - it's usually much more expensive than beef
roger

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 07:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, winning horses get wreaths, or something. The losers get packaged.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 07:38 pm
@ossobuco,
I love hot dogs!

I live right down the street from: https://www.ottossausage.com/about. Otto's has been in the same family for 4 generations and in the same spot for more than 70 years. Rain or shine, hot or cold, their grill is set up on the sidewalk every day -- except the 4th of July, when they host the neighborhood parade that goes down our street. They give away hot dogs to all comers.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 10:12 pm
Of course I eat hot dogs. They are tasty and bad for me so why not indulge? Nearby there is the ever papayular Gray's Papaya and it's near both the Jefferson Market Library and Bigelow's which are often a nice places to wander into.

Having them in the home is not advisable.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 01:14 am
I love hot dogs and eat Nathan's brand.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 01:35 am
@ossobuco,
Hate 'em. Never touch 'em.
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 07:30 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Hate 'em. Never touch 'em.

If anyone needed further proof the rabbit was not American.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 07:33 am
@ossobuco,
Awww! They are so cute! Smile

I don't eat as much hot dogs these days. I'm trying to cut down my salt intake but these hot dogs might not be too bad as they don't appear to be your average low quality and ubercheap hot dog from the grocery store.
0 Replies