6
   

Cool Whip volume to weight conversion

 
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 03:11 pm
@parados,
That is not what you said, however. You said that seventeen ounces equals one liter. You didn't say that a liter of Cool Whip weighs[/b[] seventeen ounces. I was pointing out the your claim was unclear, and it was. It's hardly my fault that you can't express yourself clearly. When you're talking about ounces, you need to specify whether you are talking about volume or weight. Furthermore, you said that eight ounces is about two cups. Once again, you didn't say that an eight ounce, by weight, container of Cool Whip contains two cups (a volume of measure) before you did your conversion. My complaint with you is that your response is so vague in its comparison of measures of volume and measures of weight as to be absurd. Get over it.
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 03:12 pm
@contrex,
Do they have Cool Whip where you come from? Do you mean England or Spain? What has that to do with the question?
parados
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 03:19 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
That is not what you said, however. You said that seventeen ounces equals one liter.

Because I was answering a specific question. Geez. If we humans had to include and repeat every detail when talking about specific topics we would never have made it out of caves.

My response is only vague if you ignore the question that was asked. In a vacuum it would be incorrect. In context it isn't confusing to those that aren't in a vacuum. Wink Speaking of which Cool Whip is not vacuum packed.
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 03:27 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Speaking of which Cool Whip is not vacuum packed.

Have you ever seen the demonstration where they put a marshmallow in a vacuum chamber?

And then when they let the air back in?
0 Replies
 
contrex
 
  2  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 04:49 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Do they have Cool Whip where you come from?


They have equally disgusting guck in every country.

Quote:
Do you mean England or Spain?


If you mean "the United Kingdom or Spain" the answer is "take your pick". In the UK, the construction products industry went metric without any compulsion in phases between 1969 and 1972. We didn't even join the EU until 1973.

Quote:
What has that to do with the question?


You wrote "when you buy sand or gravel at a lumber yard or a home improvement store, they are sold by the cubic yard." without qualifying which locale you were referring to. In every country of the world, except one, such materials are sold by weight in multiples of 1 kg.




ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 04:52 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
In every country of the world, except one, such materials are sold by weight in multiples of 1 kg.


really? Canada is alone is ordering sand and gravel by the yard?
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 10:57 pm
@contrex,
No, i meant England or Spain. You might have had a clue if you had considered that nothing in the United States is measured by or sold by the kilogram. Anything which is packaged that way that would somehow end up on sale in the United States would have to be re-labelled for pounds and ounces.

I hadn't known about Canada, but i'm not surprised (thanks Girl). Canada still suffers some measurement angst between Imperial and metric.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 11:01 pm
@parados,
I didn't say your answer was incorrect (straw man much?), i said it was unclear. Especially if someone who is not familiar with U.S. Standard came along, the degree of confusion could be significant. And geeze, i didn't even question your assertion that an 8 ounce container of Cool Whip contains two cups net volume. (I visited the Kraft Foods web site--i couldn't find the net volume of a container of Cool Whip. If that was an eyeball measurement, it throws out your calculation.)
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 11:20 pm
two pages of arguing because folk claim to not know the difference between volume ounces and mass ounces??

only on A2K.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 05:26 am
As opposed to Whackeye, who claims to "know" all sorts of crazy ****, and for none of which is he either able or willing to provide evidence.
0 Replies
 
Kimmiphat
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 08:13 pm
So if a recipe calls for 16 ounces of cool whip then I really only need an 8oz container right?
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 08:29 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

contrex wrote:
In every country of the world, except one, such materials are sold by weight in multiples of 1 kg.


really? Canada is alone is ordering sand and gravel by the yard?


Also in the US, which also measures grain by the bushel, and oil by the barrel - neither of which is what they are stored or shipped in.
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 09:16 pm
@roger,
Oh Roger, leave this alone.
0 Replies
 
Miss L Toad
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 09:41 pm
This clip helps.

0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 10:00 pm
@roger,
PAY NO ATTENTION TO MISS TOAD
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

New Propulsion, the "EM Drive" - Question by TomTomBinks
The Science Thread - Discussion by Wilso
Why do people deny evolution? - Question by JimmyJ
Are we alone in the universe? - Discussion by Jpsy
Fake Science Journals - Discussion by rosborne979
Controvertial "Proof" of Multiverse! - Discussion by littlek
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 12/13/2019 at 10:42:30