Could CPS help me?

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 05:48 pm
I don't know if this is the place i should post something like this so here goes...

I want to know Is there a way for me to still get an education?
And could I also get child protective services involved?
Here's my situation:
I was kicked out of this virtual school program at the start of 8th grade year August of 2012.
Since I'm 16 (I just turned 16 January 2013) the people at the virtual school program said i cant be 16 in the 8th grade.
The people from the virtual school suggested this school thats only a few miles from my house for me because it has an achievement academy,
But my Dad says he doesn't want me going to the school because it was a dangerous school for me,
My dad says he tried looking for other achievement academy for me, he found one but he says he doesn't want me going to it because they'll have me doing 8th grade + 9th grade work at the same time
(I don't have a problem doing alot of work I'll just have to study harder! I'll do 12 hours of school work each day if I have to!)
My dad says it'll be to much work for me he says he doesn't want me doing it and hes forcing me to drop out of school and get a G.E.D (by the way does he have the right to do this?)
I didn't want to drop out and get a G.E.D. I wanted to do the 8th+9th grade work so i could finish the 8th grade and get my 8th grade diploma and finish high school and get my high school diploma so i could get into a really good collage and such.
I haven't been to school since the start of the school year and right now I'm really worried about my future I'm severely lacking a good education.

What should I do?

I Really hope someone is kind enough to read all of this.
Someone please reply back as soon as you can.

I've already contacted the board of education in my area I'm awaiting a reply from them to see what they can do for me.

P.S:
If you want to know the full details to why i got kicked out of the virtual school program
I'll be happy to explain to whoever reads this message.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,318 • Replies: 0
No top replies