Justification of torture in legal philosophy??

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 10:34 am
How can ever torture be justified? Is there some legal philosopher who said something like this? I'm referring to the principal currents (Natural Law Theory, Legal Positivism, Americal Legal Realism...)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,043 • Replies: 3
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 11:33 am
@ZKaoru69,
I don't know if he qualifies as a legal philosopher, but John Yoo has been a big supporter of torture for a long time.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2013 10:36 pm
No one is an adequate apologist regarding torture who has not undergone it himself.
0 Replies

imans

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 09:51 am
@ZKaoru69,
i tell u wat

when a thing is tordu, u must torture it so it would run for its freedom then it would b right, this is the legal justification which of course is real and not philosophic

the philosophical question there, is to say but wat about which is gonna do those tortures to things ?? arent they more tordu when for sure they are not straight otherwise they cant torture or deal with tordu things

but if they are tordus then more tordus things would b, while becomin free living of being tordus so no thin would run for its freedom at all

and they will answser this true philosophical question, hehe that is life man, happy tordus ends rulin and being let continue the journey

so the question is still alone, how do u get rid of tordus up while being no tordu ??? who is the tordu that gonna torture himself truly to a right extend that it could torture others living tordus too more then it in givin truth what it wants from it, smthg useful as that

here the question is not alone totally as a concept of previous answer is there, as usual i have to move for nothing alone

the answer is what god could b, pleased to torture himself as long as it means torturin a lot of others as worse then him forever

welcome to hell satan would say

now here i say for nothing, no the question is still alone this expectations out of tortures cant b givin anything to truth, so it cant exist

i guess the answer is wat truth exist to do all, even the tordus life and the tordus tortures since truth existence is never one but truth objective realisations

0 Replies