John Edward a big sham? (guy who talks to the dead)

Nive

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 09:51 pm
What do you guys think about John Edward? Can he really communicate with the deceased?

I personally think it's all fake, but it would be very interesting if its true than it must mean there is an afterlife.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,057 • Replies: 6
No top replies

kirsten

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 10:17 pm
Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake!

He's just a very observant man who is adept at manipulating people who want to believe.
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 10:33 pm
This is old stuff. The Magician James Randi has spent the better part of his life debunking such stuff. Once you view how it is done you can't help kick yourself and say: "Why of course! Why didn't I see through this chicanery?"

A man talking to dead people is of little consequence. One who claims to get dead people to answer him back is quite another.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Given, a Randi investigation John Edwards may just pass muster. However, I do not see Mr. Edwards clamoring for such a validating procedure. Should we dare ask why he would shun such accreditation?

JM
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 12:14 am
Didn't you see that one south park episode? They figured it out!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 04:59 am
Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said, "There's a sucker born every minute"?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 05:30 am
stand up for pessimism wrote:
Didn't you see that one south park episode? They figured it out!

One of my favourites.
0 Replies

gordy

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 12:03 pm
yeah the guys good allright.But if You watch enough shows you can sort of see patterns in the way he goes about it.

He seems to start of vague in one area then when he has someone he can work with then he does his thing.

With people in their 20s&30s he mostly talks about siblings and parents and sometimes a child.Then when he gets a hit he just seems to tell the people what they want to hear

I think he is just good at working people.
If your quick at the end of the show there seems to be a disclamer,but you have to be real quick.It's only there for a second or two
0 Replies