Check out my short pro-labor fiction story

jbb

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 01:34 pm
Check out my short pro-labor fiction story at Edit [Moderator]: Link removed. This short story is intended to popularize a type of technology that uses biometric cameras to measure how physically demanding jobs are for the purpose of using these measurements to support labor.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,525 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Brother James

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 01:55 pm
@jbb,
There is no doubt that Intellectualism can justify anything the brain can process. I believe the question of "labor" is one born of greed and envy which are the natural desires of the MIND. It is the role of the MIND to retain itself invisible to Man via the brain and thinking. The argument of unionism when pitted against the Law of Karma, and that of Reincarnation, reveals itself to be one of greed and envy. Since what a Soul receives in life is precisely what it chose to experience. For one to seek to alter the experiences of another is ego, or MIND, and exposes a certain level of ignorance relative to the Law of Karma and Reincarnation.
Peace
jbb

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 06:58 pm
@Brother James,
What you call greed I call wanting to receive a fair pay for one’s work. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with being envious of people who are treated fairly. Using my ego/brain/thoughts/intellect to arrive at a common definition of what is fair does not make my mind invisible to me. I don’t think that we choose what we experience – but I think that we can choose things that we would like to change. I would like to change the condition of the worker. Why are you pitting labor and unions against Karma and Reincarnation and calling me ignorant? What is wrong with wanting to be involved in a project that
1. utilizes computers to model and measure how physically demanding a job is [by modeling and measuring such things as how much the job requires people to move longer (in distance of different points on the body), faster (in distance/time), repetitiously (in 1/time), precisely, complexly, and awkwardly (in distance)]
2. models and measures possible ways that a job can be at different levels when it comes to how physically demanding that job is - and uses these measurements as a variable in a formula that defines higher minimum wages for jobs that are more physically demanding
3. measures how physically demanding a job is
4. determines a minimum wage to propose for a job according to what levels the measurement of how physically demanding the job is fall between
5. defines how good/equitable the wage of the job is as a ratio of the wage of the job to a variable that is the measure of how physically demanding the job is
6. defines how bad/inequitable the wage of the job is as a ratio of the variable that is the measure of how physically demanding the job is to the wage of the job
7. ranks and certifies companies whose wages are more equitable
8. proposes new minimum wages to companies whose wages are more inequitable?
0 Replies