knowledge of the Ebay toolbar??

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 11:32 am
I have been trying to download the Ebay toolbar. I click on the Agree to the license agreement and then it goes to the download part. Only thing is, nothing happens. It won't download. The toolbar at the bottom of my screen has a message that there is an Error instead of saying Done. It's like the page didn't open right. Can someone help me. I don't know if I have something on that is blocking it or what. I run Win98SE , have plenty of space on computer, have no trouble with other downloads, and Security levels are basically on the Default settings. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 772 • Replies: 5
No top replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 11:50 pm
what's the error? this this the alexa or amazon toobar?
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 08:29 am
It doesn't come up with an error or anything, like another window opening telling me there is an error. It just won't download it. But it doesn't really matter since I don't need it. Just wanted to check it out and see if it was worth it, since I do Ebay. Thanks for any help.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 09:16 am
Re: knowledge of the Ebay toolbar??
yleecoyote26 wrote:
The toolbar at the bottom of my screen has a message that there is an Error instead of saying Done.

If you're using IE, double-click the icon showing there was an error loading the page it'll show you a bit of info about the error.

Also, what version of IE are you using?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 01:23 pm
Dunno for sure if you really want the eBay toolbar ... your choice, but most malware scanners pick it up as a nasty. Maybe it just has features in common with nasties, and comes up a false positive, maybe it really is a nasty or a nasty-enabler. I'd research it a bit before going for it. If you're running SpyBot or another adblocker, it might not be letting you download and install it. Like I said ... dunno for sure, but I'd check it out some if I were you.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 07:50 pm
Thanks everyone for your help. I am not bothering with this toolbar, I like the ones that I am currently using. Also I have a new and cleaned up computer. Now on windows2000 Pro. Thanks again!!!
0 Replies