Arming our schools

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:44 pm
In another thread a participant H2O

http://able2know.org/topic/205801-1#bottom

….asks that in addition to early health-care intervention how we can also
Quote:
….be sure we stop attackers that are already in the pipeline?
I don't know, I just don't know

But the idea of an armed guard U stationed at each school is kind of scary. I imagine classes are held in Buildings C and D, for instance, while for some reason he's stationed at Building B. At D where the gunman V is loose, several minutes elapse before a teacher W, from nearby gymnasium A, hearing shots, rushes toward D to investigate, upon entering the room only to be shot herself before another passerby X is able to report the incident to U

But then U, mistakenly running running from B toward C with gun in hand, (having misunderstood X to say "C", sounding in the confusion much like "D") is tackled to the ground by a student football player Y heading for his locker room E between buildings B and C, having heard the shots and seeing U's weapon supposing him to be the the unsub. By the time this encounter is straightened out and after subduing Y, now U finally reaches D, while V had run out of bullets and dropped his gun

Meanwhile however student Z of the anguished classroom picks up the gun in dazed curiosity, whereupon U rushing in shoots him, having mistaken him for V, who then escapes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,460 • Replies: 9
No top replies

raprap

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 08:05 pm
@dalehileman,
I think we need armed guards everywhere--with full automatic weapons. We need more guns everywhere. There are too many heavily armed wackos roaming the streets.

Guns in schools will accomplish exactly nothing--security will not be improved and senceless paranoia will amplify. If one was truely smart, they would buy body armor.

Rap
spitfire88

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 03:09 am
@raprap,
Schools not having armed security or armed teachers makes it a place of higher susceptibility to crime. When last did you hear of a multiple-victim shooting taking place on a firearm range, in a police station or at a gun show, or wherever many firearms are found anywhere in the world? You haven’t. That’s because criminals prefer unarmed victims, or soft targets. A "gun free zone" is nothing more than a victim disarmament zone; it's an advertisement to predators that they will have an easier time committing crimes.
raprap

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 05:11 am
@spitfire88,
Missouri Couple Found Dead in Alleged Shooting Range Murder-Suicide

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missouri-couple-found-dead-alleged-shooting-range-murder/story?id=14464596

Australian twins had suicide pact at shooting range

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16649332

Rap
spitfire88

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 05:30 am
@raprap,
Clearly you do not understand the meaning of "multi-victim." And the Australian twins entered the gun range to rent a gun to kill themselves, not attack other people. Feel free to try again.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 02:09 pm
@raprap,
@dalehileman,
…...armed guards everywhere--…...full automatic…...more guns everywhere. …...too many heavily armed wackos…...

Someone might get the impression you're quoting me but of course you're not, you might simply have forgotten attribution

Quote:
Guns in schools will accomplish exactly nothing--
Agreed

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 10:17 am
@spitfire88,
There have been "multiple killings" on Army Posts...where there are all sorts of weapons and almost every person is trained in their use.

What are you thinking?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 10:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Fort Hood, November 5, 2009: One gunman killed 13 people and wounded 29 others!

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 05:11 pm
School districts should contract with the local police depts - who have armed, highly trained men and women who are trained to protect - for the schools.

My husband's middle school had two police liaisons - who were discreetly armed - but they were let go due to budget cuts.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 08:47 pm
@PUNKEY,
Anyone who thinks putting more guns in schools will make them safer...is NOT THINKING!
0 Replies