Computer boots but no power to monitor, mouse and keyboard

mortix

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 02:42 am
As of exactly a week ago, I bought a brand new HDD and reinstalled everything from zero. I used the back-up disks to go back to factory settings. This morning my mother turned on the computer and what she said is that the computer started normally up to the log in screen, only that there were no users, but a message saying that there is something that needs to be installed, and that the PC will restart automatically. When I woke up, the PC was turned off. When I tried to turn it on, the lights would go on as usual. All fans work properly, only that the monitor says "No signal", and the mouse and keyboard have no power. I tried taking out the RAM, and yes, there is the beep from the motherboard. I tried changing the monitor, same result.
I have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-410f, if that helps.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,334 • Replies: 2
No top replies

mortix

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 02:54 am
@mortix,
In the meantime, before the PC wouldnt boot, I connected a bad HDD from a friend to see if we could save his files, but the PC could not boot, after I connected his (together with my HDD with the operational system). and i didnt try booting up the pc since, so this is like a prelude to what happened to my mother.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 01:06 pm
@mortix,
Wish I could be of some help, Mort, but your thread only makes me more grateful that my No. 1 Son is an advanced PC dweller in Aerospace

I'll fwd this thread but please don't wait because he's an awfully busy fellow between his family and work and many relatives and acquaintances like me begging for digital assistance
0 Replies