Can you recommend another forum

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:01 pm
While I dearly love a2k for many purposes, after unsuccessfully soliciting comments on a relativistic phenom I am looking for an active forum leaning more toward the technical, metaphysical, scientific, philosophical. In order not to embarrass a2k's excellent Admin however, I am yours at [email protected]

Again no affront of any sort, a2k is most excellent medium

Thanks fellas

jcboy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:26 pm
@dalehileman,
About 4 years ago when I got my first tortoise I joined a Tortoise forum but it was full of weirdo’s so I never went back.
timur

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:34 pm
Dalehileman wrote:
I am looking for an active forum leaning more toward the technical, metaphysical, scientific, philosophical.

I'm sure you'll find out there a forum that will treat the topics you are referring to in the unprofessional, amateur way that will suit your approach.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:40 pm
@timur,
Tim why the hostility
Are you one of those folks terribly angry at all times about nearly everything
timur

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:48 pm
@dalehileman,
I told you before, no hostility here. As a matter of fact, I'm quite placid.

It's only the unbearable lightness of beings...
dalehileman

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 03:00 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
I joined a Tortoise forum but it was full of weirdo’s
Interesting Jc that you should respond. Indeed over the years I've participated in a number of different Internet forums and find them populated by many strange and deviant folk. Especially drawn to this medium is the fella who feels inadequate or powerless in his everyday life, enjoying the anonymity of the forum to vent his frustrations

Typically he's looking for a posting to give him something to be angry about. Poised for the attack, however, in the most innocent OP he can almost always find something at which to sneer

I remember one in a swimming-pool forum who attacked me mercilessly at the slightest opportunity. For instance one day I suggested a means to save $40 by constructing one's own debris-catching bag for a sweeper; whereupon he not only accused me of being a cheapskate but provided links to a dozen of my earlier postings, on different topics, each with a disparaging comment

But then only the next day came a response from a lady whose sweep coincidentally needed maintenance and who thanked me profusely for my suggestion

One must learn to ignore him; though sometimes he leaves hiomself wide open inviting a devastating response
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 04:35 am
@timur,
There are a lot of jokers online who like to accuse other people they encounter of being angry or hostile. It's easier for them to do that than it is for them to acknowledge that their own approach is flawed. in Shakespeare's play, Julius Caesar, Cassius says: "'The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves . . . " Some people just cannot admit that they might be at fault, so instead they accuse others of being motivated by character flaws. Dale has adopted that idiocy with a vengeance. A dime to a dollar, if he acknowledges my post at all, he'll accuse me of being one of his mythical angry men.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:08 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
There are a lot of jokers online who like to accuse other people they encounter of being angry or hostile.
I didn't think there were so many, supposed we were a pretty select group

Quote:
It's easier for them to do that than it is for them to acknowledge that their own approach is flawed.
Mercy I'd be the first to concede my imperfections innumerable

Quote:
in Shakespeare's play, Julius Caesar, Cassius says: "'The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves . . . "
Set I do envy folk who read, another of my manifold failures

Quote:
Some people just cannot admit that they might be at fault, so instead they accuse others of being motivated by character flaws.
But the Internet forum is such a wide-open field

Quote:
Dale has adopted that idiocy with a vengeance.
Really vengeful personality

Quote:
A dime to a dollar, if he acknowledges my post at all,
Set you owe me a dime

Quote:
he'll accuse me of being one of his mythical angry men.
Grrr
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:18 pm
I've told you before, my friends call me Set. That means you're not entitled to call me Set.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:28 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
….not entitled to call me Set.
Very well Anta I shall endeavor to remember but do forgive if I occasionally forget
Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:35 pm
@dalehileman,
What a monumental asshole.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:37 pm
@dalehileman,
How about http://forum.philosophynow.org/?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you Tsar most kindly. However I find I'm already a member

Though I am unable to sign in, I remember now, because of some apparently insoluble problem entailing my username or email add. If you happen to be a member and if it's no trouble you might advise their Admin of the problem, indicating that I'd still like to participate

Thanks again
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:51 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
What a monumental a…h...
Grrrr, growlll

I'm not angry, I'm not, I tell you, I'm not
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 01:34 pm
@dalehileman,
Does nobody else hereabout use any other forum

Thanks fellas
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 01:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar I've managed to find an allied site which might presumably contact Philo……now to reinstate me so thanks again. Meanwhile though is is possible that among 100,000 participants you and I are the only ones using other forums
0 Replies