Obama's Dream: Have Wal-Mart Help Him Ban Guns

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 04:45 am

Item 1: Obama is plotting to lay the groundwork for a universal ban on all firearms:

Quote:
A working group led by Vice President Biden is seriously considering measures backed by key law enforcement leaders that would require universal background checks for firearm buyers, track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database, strengthen mental health checks, and stiffen penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors, the sources said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-weighs-broad-gun-control-agenda-in-wake-of-newtown-shootings/2013/01/05/d281efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_story.html

Item 2: Obama wants Wal-Mart to help him do it:

Quote:
One potential strategy would be to win support for specific measures from interest groups that are normally aligned with the NRA, according to one person who works closely with the administration on gun-related issues and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the issue’s sensitivity.

For instance, this person suggested, Wal-Mart and other major gun retailers may have an incentive to support closing a loophole that allows people to bypass background checks if they purchase firearms at gun shows or through other types of private sales. That could result in more people buying guns in retail stores.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-weighs-broad-gun-control-agenda-in-wake-of-newtown-shootings/2013/01/05/d281efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_story_1.html

I wonder if Wal-Mart knows what happened to Smith & Wesson.

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:43 am
@oralloy,
Superb.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:11 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Superb.

It wasn't superb for Smith & Wesson when they tried to sell out the American people. Nor was it superb for the Democratic Party last time they tried to do so.

If the Democrats want to try again, and if Wal-Mart chooses to join the effort, neither one of them will find this round to be any more superb than the last round was for its participants.

That said, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Just because Obama has a silly fantasy about crushing American freedom with the help of Wal-Mart, that does not mean Wal-Mart has any intention of helping him do so.

Let's only blame Wal-Mart for what they actually choose to do.

But that gets back to my original musing: I wonder if Wal-Mart knows what happened to Smith & Wesson.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:14 am
@oralloy,
Splendid.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:22 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Splendid.

What is???

Do you think Wal-Mart knows what happened to Smith & Wesson?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 10:54 am
@oralloy,
Good news eh.

Quote:
Smith & Wesson's growth plan focuses on expanding its product line to include such offerings as mountain bikes and licensed clothing.

I kind of like the idea of gun owners in the USA boycotting all suppliers. It'll make for an interesting landscape.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:02 am
@ehBeth,

I kind of like the idea of gun owners in the USA celebrating gun appreciation day Jan. 19
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:04 am
@H2O MAN,
Sounds like fun.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:04 am
@ehBeth,

http://gunappreciationday.com/

https://gunappreciationday-psyclone.netdna-ssl.com/media/picture/50e9/fc75/2017/a877/c200/0003/original_slide.jpg?1357511797
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:10 am
@H2O MAN,
that's quite a bit to carry around

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ts1Taj6_WdQ/0.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQovsuzoZKq4Viiw_BI4owj_62cbKFep_GTJbcprimYCUL6zmjvbOgKf3LY

http://c139491.r91.cf0.rackcdn.com/photos/3800614/medium.JPG?1316118053

I hope everyone brings their biggest vehicles.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:15 am
tell me all about YOUR gunfights

I'm sure it'll be fascinating reading
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:16 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Good news eh.

Quote:
Smith & Wesson's growth plan focuses on expanding its product line to include such offerings as mountain bikes and licensed clothing.

Smith & Wesson is no longer under boycott. We forced the European holding company that owned them to sell them off at a huge loss, and their new owners would never think of betraying the American people.

ehBeth wrote:
I kind of like the idea of gun owners in the USA boycotting all suppliers. It'll make for an interesting landscape.

It wouldn't be all suppliers.

It might not be any suppliers. I'm sure the lesson of Smith & Wesson is still ringing in the ears of the gun industry. Obama may well not get even a single company to sign on as a co-conspirator in his plot to destroy America.

At the worst, all we will have to to is take down one or two companies. The rest will fall in line quickly enough after that.

We also may not see very many legislators willing to follow Obama off a cliff. We've already seen strong signals from the House Democrats that they are not at all interested in an assault weapons ban.

Still, just as with gun industry boycotts, we'll need to be ready to vote some people out of office and destroy some careers, just in case we need to set some more examples.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:18 am
@ehBeth,
Maybe Obama will loan us a few of his big black Canadian buses.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:20 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

ehBeth wrote:
Good news eh.

Quote:

Smith & Wesson is no longer under boycott.

and they're still expanding into other product lines
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:21 am
@H2O MAN,
the government's about making money these days.

you're going to have to pay to ride the bus.

enjoy the day.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:24 am
@ehBeth,

Tax payers have already paid for the ride.

Are you enjoying your Obama downgrade today?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:26 am
@H2O MAN,
The Canadian economy is doing very nicely. Thank you for your interest in it.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:27 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Tax payers have already paid for the ride.

you're funny

write a letter to the nice men in the Secret Service and tell them you want your $0.0005 worth of a ride on one of the buses
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:37 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

The Canadian economy is doing very nicely. Thank you for your interest in it.

It's more than a passing interest...
I do quite a bit of business with businesses based in Canada, they produce some high quality gun accessories.

Canadians have also purchased quite a few gun accessories from me.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:47 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
oralloy wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Good news eh.

Quote:

Smith & Wesson is no longer under boycott.

and they're still expanding into other product lines

I wish them the best of luck. I hold no ill will towards the company under its current ownership.
0 Replies