Information on Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:55 am
Just wondering in layman's terms what exactly this is and if I would have the older version how would I find out? I always get it as a choice to download and don't know if I really need it. What does it really do for the computer? If I don't I sure don't want it to take up space on here. Thanks all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 846 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 09:37 am
The .NET Framework is used for building and running all kinds of software, including Web-based applications. However, if you neither know what it is nor have seen any programs request it, odds are you don't need it at the moment. (It wouldn't hurt to install it though.)
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:57 am
OK thanks Monger. See it alot in the downloads section but nothing on my computer ever asks for it that I am aware of.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 03:28 pm
I'd just go ahead and install it on an off moment, if I were you. You may not need it now, but likely you will. Its spreading. As I recall, its a fairly hefty download, so you might wanna drag it in when you've got nothing else to do.
0 Replies