landlord harrassment..

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 03:23 pm
I'm disabled and I live in low-rent housing in VA. Six weeks ago 2 exterminators and two from housing management knocked on my door. When I opened it the 2 exterminators standing behind them pointed saying they do not want you here. While in the kitchen the exterminators said they don't want you here. One management lady went on and on about how the apartment smelt like urine. This had happened before, I have a cat, and before they came In I sprayed, cleaned, and poured floor cleaner on a clean floor so it wouldn't smell. I told her I didn't believe her. I could be evicted for this. Five of my neighbors came in to smell the apartment it did not smell. I contacted the main office another town by fax. I talked with the management here and the planned on coming back in in a few weeks. The day before Thanksgiving the landlord stood in front of me pointed at me then shook her fists at her groin the her fist inbetween her legs with her legs spread apart. I'm not a prostitute. I'm 54 years old with total pelvic prolapse. I can't have sex physically. I live with my son and daughter in a 2 bed. I lost all trust and respect for those people. When they came last week for the second expection. well. I sprayed air freshner all around the apartment as they walked through. I also told them that if they found anything dirty that I need to take a picture of it. OK I passed. A few days ago my water heater went out. I came very close to getting evicted. One man tried to say that rolling tobacco was pot. I told them to call the police and let them check it out. They told my son the shaking at the fist thing again. He told them I can't have sex. Now when I take my dog out to walk. Maintenance when they see me shake their fist at their mouth and sign language I'm the one to leave. I need help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 910 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 03:26 pm
@sanewarne,
There must be a Landlord-Tenant office you can call. There's nothing we can do for you. You need a representative from the Tenant office to discuss this with.

Edit: Or a Human Rights Commission. Take it up with the proper authorities.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 05:13 pm
Are you in HUD housing?

Do you work with a social worker? You need to get into the "system" and ask for some help.

To evict you, they must file paperwork and state the reason why. You will have a hearing in front of a judge.

sanewarne

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 03:25 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yes, i am in HUD housing and i am not a social worker.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 03:34 pm
@sanewarne,
Quote:
i am in HUD housing

Then file a complaint with HUD.

http://www.hud.gov/complaints/

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/complaints/badlandlord
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 03:49 pm
@sanewarne,
Good grief.

I'm not familiar with your area, so no help, but wish you well, especially that you can find out exactly whom to contact to get this situation looked at.

I was also a person who thought you might be a bot (an irritation we have on this site at the moment). Sorry..
0 Replies