Blocked by FB. Help, please?

Mlang

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 02:40 pm
Last night my FB Mobile app would not let me log in. It said my account was temporarily unavailable and to regain access I would need to log in from my computers web browser. So, I tried to do that and got this message:

"Your account is temporarily locked
Your browser has been infected with malware. You may have been infected when you clicked on a link to watch a "shocking video" from a friend's status update or visited a website claiming to offer special features on Facebook. For example, there are sites that claim they can show you who's viewing your timeline, change the color of your timeline or help you remove your timeline completely. These features don't exist.

Once infected, these malicious extensions spam your facebook friends and steal your personal information. We will help you remove the malicious extensions from your browser. Please click continue to begin the process. "

Now I KNOW it looks hinky. I thought so too. BUT.. I double checked the url, my browser was giving it the green light, certifying I was really at FB and it had the little lock symbol as well. So I hit continue and got:

"Scan and uninstall

Click on the button below to download and install the Facebook malicious extension remover for your browser."

And again, still green lighted, still a correct url and still the lock symbol. So I hit continue again. And nothing happens.

I use FF but also tried from IE and get the same thing. Both my Fire and Cell FB apps have that temporarily unavailable message. I cleared my cache, re-booted, ran Malwarebytes and Avast in full scan mode and both came up clean. I checked all my FF ad ons and extensions and there is nothing new there and nothing there that shouldn't be. Google is failing me, aside from finding a FB help topic that tells you what to do to resolve it, go into your extensions and remove the malicious add on, only.... there isn't one.

I know what probably triggered the block. A friend had something on their wall last night about SouthWest airlines, I clicked it, saw it was a scam and backed out. It then insta posted on my wall, so I deleted that, reported as spam and checked my FB apps to see if it had added itself. It had, so I deleted that too. So I guess that is what got me blocked, but I don't know what to do now. FBs thing is not working when I click it and I cannot find a way to contact FB from outside of FB.

Thanks!

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 03:20 pm
Looks like you don't need to log in, in order to do this -
http://www.facebook.com/help/
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 05:50 pm
@Mlang,
Quote:
I know what probably triggered the block. A friend had something on their wall last night about SouthWest airlines, I clicked it, saw it was a scam and backed out. It then insta posted on my wall, so I deleted that, reported as spam and checked my FB apps to see if it had added itself. It had, so I deleted that too. So I guess that is what got me blocked, but I don't know what to do now. FBs thing is not working when I click it and I cannot find a way to contact FB from outside of FB.

This has happened to me when I've reported a friend's FB page as being hacked and spreading it to others who clicked on the link.
I didn't have to do anything, it fixed itself in 24 hours.

Don't know if that will be the same for you. If you still can't access your account tomorrow, then you'll have to contact FB directly.
0 Replies

sarinakosewsky

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 03:14 am
I have the same - and as the only site other than my facebook page was their scrabble page I am loathe to click on anything to download to my computer
sarinakosewsky

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 03:56 am
@sarinakosewsky,
I came out of the Internet ran a scan on my computer - got rid of over a megabyte of cookies, no malware found though. Logged back into FB problem has gone away.
0 Replies