Roswell, New Mexico incident

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 12:48 pm
Im just perusing this threadtryig to figure out what the **** this guy is even talking about. Am I off the mark?

NTD. are you just learning english? If so, we can help you better compose your sentence structure and make suggestions on your word choices.
nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 12:52 pm
@farmerman,
The objective is answer the question, not pick at it with instruments designed for diverse separation, not fundamental clarity.
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:02 pm
@nothingtodo,
Thats the point, Im not sure what the hell you are even asking and,I think, Im not the only one.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:05 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
….wrapped up in your delusional assumption…...

However Set we can't deny the probability of alien life throughout the Great Megillah as it's positively silly to suppose in a Universe with more planets than stars that we're alone. Supposing only one inhabitable planet per galaxy, a very conservative estimate places our numbers at 100 quintillion

By chance there are probably many instances of interplanetary communication if not visitation but of course owing to the immense distances as well as the limitation of c, in any given case the chance is pretty remote; so your reaction to Tod's assertion is entirely realistic
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:12 pm
@dalehileman,
Imagine, that when we sent the Voyager Satellite out into deep space in the early 70's It would subtend an arc in space of lesss than one BILLIONTH of a second as it makes its way further into space and through just 2 galaxies (ours and Andromeda). Chances of anyone even hearing its accompanying disc are infinately small.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:26 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
are infinitely small
Yea Farm indeed. However instead of infinitely I'd say infinitesimally
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:27 pm
@farmerman,
Well, clearly, though hearing the 'alien' signal is unlikely given light and collumation is universal comm, by major tech advancement according to man.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:28 pm
@dalehileman,
Realistic perhaps, but still I find the attempts to knock in the only voice rather pathetic of a frightened species.

On the one hand your ancestors said.. "Take the fires and do as thou wilt, feed them to sharks even, just leave us alone".. then on the other they say, "our kids cannot deal with possibility.. We DEMAND IT!".

What?
Any filthy name next, or back to statements about delusion, which is something you attempt to build out of the truth, for some reason.

Remember unit 77 did not sell your world.
No further comment.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:35 pm
@nothingtodo,
Quote:
Still composure comes easily if you know your screwed from the start.
Not really, Tod. Of course I've always known it; but much suffering arises from subtle factors like some foreign chem in one's bloodstream. Indeed I'm suicidal upon arising in the morn, til I have my coffee and St John's wort, after which the day is a lark
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:32 am
On google today:

http://i40.tinypic.com/ouz1ug.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/zme1at.jpg

The Guardian wrote:
http://i39.tinypic.com/maut8m.jpg
Google's latest doodle celebrates the 66th anniversary of the so-called Roswell incident - which generations of UFO enthusiasts and others believe involved an alien landing outside the New Mexico town.
[...]
The Google doodle errs on the side of humour, allowing users to control a small animated alien figure as it goes about a series of tasks on a Roswell-like landscape.
Source
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thnx for reviving this thread, Walter. It's one of the most hilarious ones we've had on A2k for quite some time. Wonder whatever happened to nothingtodo. Whatever he was on, he should have offered to share some with us.
0 Replies