Routing & Remote Access Service

caprice

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:40 pm
I'm not expecting anyone to answer this, but figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

I've been trying to make a DCC connection between my ME laptop and XP desktop. From everything I have retrieved off of the internet, it would appear that the type of connection I wish to do is not possible. (i.e. transfer files from XP to ME) At any rate, I was attempting to just reset all my changes back to default settings and just leave things as they were before I started. However, it looks as if I've deleted something in Network Connections. When I attempt to create a new connection, I get the following:
Quote:
---------------------------
Incoming Connections Warning
---------------------------
Incoming Connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access service which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log.

The system event log stuff is all greek to me so I don't know how to restore what I must have removed.

My question is, what do I need to do in order to restore the capability of creating a new connection? The wizard starts, but I can't complete it before I get the warning message.

[Edited for correction.]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,475 • Replies: 4
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 06:55 pm
Which machine is giving you that error? Do you have a Windows install disk for that one?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:07 pm
Take a look HERE.

( Embarrassed edited to fix sloppy BBCode Embarrassed )
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:19 pm
XP is the one with the warning.

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately the "Start" button is ghosted out and won't work. Confused

I'd use the install disc but I have no clue what to install.

BTW...thanks for taking the time to respond to my computer dilemmas timberlandko. I appreciate it! Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:04 pm
The Windows key, usually somewhere in the bottom lefthand row of your keyboard, will do the same thing (open your Start Menu) ... its sorta a hardware version of your taskbar Start button. Unless you've reprogrammed it to do something else, of course (yeah, you can do that).
0 Replies