ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 07:09 pm
Good friends matter.

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 07:40 pm
@George,
Quote:
that when I say good-bye to someone I love, it could be for the very least time.
Indeed Geo, esp awareness since my Friendly Local nephrologist advised me recently that by the way Dale, you have only five years left to go
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 08:00 pm
A friend I met in embryology class called me today. We talked for about a half hour. That class was in 1960. She did better than I did in embryology; I tended to be confused (looking back, difference in high school or other preliminary classes re looking at cross section slides, which I'd not heard of). On the other hand, she was new in high school to the u.s., had lived in a dp camp post wwII, and was thrown into the city's main high school. Geeze, and she could read the slides.

Whatever, we were two girls (sorry but that was the word) with a possible third in a university class of very many. She asked me at the break to go for coffee and we have been friends ever since.

She may be the genuinely kindest person I know.

But I knew that already.

The new lesson is that my old sturdy aprons that I almost never wear are good for carrying a hammer and nails.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 11:47 pm
@Kolyo,
I do not appreciate mathematics much either..
Though in the last few years I discovered that doing all the exercises in the book 'teach yourself algebra'.. Actually brings about more enjoyment of it, I actually went through it twice.
0 Replies

hotsteve112

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 04:06 am
@dalehileman,
never believe on any one. believe in GOD . everyone is here to eat you badly. not for your care.. thats a lesson i learned in 2012
lilly01

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:17 am
dont trust anyone Wink
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:18 am
@lilly01,
lilly01 wrote:

dont trust anyone Wink

Especially spammers with phishing links that lead to alleged shopping sites that end up stealing the financial identity of the gullible suckers that click on them.
jcboy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:27 am
@tsarstepan,
hehe you beat me to it Razz
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 01:51 pm
@hotsteve112,
Quote:
everyone is here to eat you badly
Surely not every
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:06 pm
Nobody is timing you.

I seem to be doing something that I really thought I wasn't going to be able to ever do. We'll see.

(eoe, wonderful to see you... the content of the post worries me a bit though. Hope all is well.)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:51 pm
@PUNKEY,
I learnt, never to give up. Even if you think you are at your lowest, you can actually rise from it.

I learnt, never to sit on thy fiance's knee if you have been celebrating as he will lift it and you will tumble onto the ground, and break a rib

I learnt, that 49 is pftttttt, and 50 will be awesome because I am finally going to have a holiday and still act like a kid

I learnt, that I am stronger than I thought I was, when alot of sadness creeps in and that replacement is not the answer

0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:57 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
Nobody is timing you. . .
As far as you know
0 Replies