Nursing Homes Woes

rcooper6

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 05:08 pm
@amygarside,
I'm in the process of doing just that. This shrieks for justice, in my opinion.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 06:26 pm
@rcooper6,
rcooper6 wrote:

Okay, one crucial fact I over-looked, the relative in the nursing facility, is now deceased. I won't examine too much, the details here. But whether they be practitioner, aide, or cyclops, I have irrefutable evidence that persons acted of their own volition and prevented needed medication from reaching the former nursing home resident. That evidence suggests to me that this hazardous mistep, potentially, facilitated an untimely death.

What's the evidence?
rcooper6

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 06:32 pm
@chai2,
I have enough, and justice is currently being sought.
chai2

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 06:38 pm
@rcooper6,
well, what is it?

Something that someone said?

That's not evidence.

Justice is being sought? What do you feel would be justice?

Why is it being sought by you, what do you have to gain from this?

Lot's of luck trying to prove something if there's no written documentation.

If it isn't documented, it didn't happen.
And you don't have the right to see any of the records. So you didn't see any documentation of what happened.

Again, that would be a HIPPA violation.

"Justice is being sought" You sound like some vigilante.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 06:41 pm
BTW, if this facility was so awful, and you know exactly how things should have been done, why didn't you take her into your home and make sure everything was just perfect every second.
rcooper6

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 07:29 pm
@chai2,
I never indicated gender...nice try though.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 07:38 pm
@rcooper6,
rcooper6 wrote:

The patient in the nursing home is very much lucid with communication.

Didn't you just say the patient is dead? how are they communicating with you?
roger

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 08:00 pm
@rcooper6,
An easy detail to over look.
rcooper6

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 08:05 pm
@ehBeth,
No, I made the communication statement before revealing the person's death. Follow the bouncing ball, please.
rcooper6

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 08:07 pm
@roger,
Just delayed adding it in, as all.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 09:28 pm
@rcooper6,
rcooper6 wrote:

I never indicated gender...nice try though.

Even better try at trying to distract away from the fact you don't have ****.

As if a doctor would ever just say "oh well" if he found out a patient of his (or hers, since you're fussy) was or wasn't being given meds that weren't part of his order.

You really must think that people who work in the health care industry just do whatever they please whenever they please, listen to anyone who walks up with an opinion (like you). The doctor and DON just sigh and shake their heads and say "What can we do about it?"

Good luck with bringing forth justice. Maybe you'll get the whole place shut down, and all the other people who live and there can look for somewhere else to live, and work.

God, I've seen your type a thousand times.

BTW, just because someone is lucid when you happen to talk to them, doesn't mean they are always that way, or never get mixed up. It also doesn't mean that they, just like people who aren't in nursing homes, your family or friends, don't tell some people one thing, and other people another.

You won't find many people who have more respect for the elderly than me. But that doesn't blind me to the fact that they can tell lies, or twist something, or get mixed up, just like anyone else.

You do realize that every time a person is given, or not given meds, it has to be documented if it was taken, why it wasn't, and if the physician was notified if this was a trend?
Do you really think you'd look in the nurses notes and read that a patient wasn't given meds because some friend or relative said not to? Or that they didn't tell the doctor they decided not to follow his orders on someone elses say so? It boggles the mind that you would think that.
I think the nurse would rather keep her license, because she'd lose it if she (or he) did that, or at least be terminated.

I'm not sure if you're really that naive, or you're just being a troll.

From scanning over your other thread about insurance beneficiaries, I'm leaning toward the latter.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 09:44 pm
@rcooper6,
Sorry, coop. That ball don't bounce.
0 Replies