Who spends top $$$ on milary? Hint: not the USA

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 07:48 pm
Quote:
Israel is the most militarized country in the world, according to the Global Militarization Index 2012 released by the Bonn International Center for Conversion, based on data from the year 2011. Latvia is ranked 94th, between the Central African Republic and Venezuela. The study also concludes that Estonia is the most militarized Baltic country – 35th in the world, right after Iran, reports LETA/Newsru.com.

Lithuania is ranked 60th, one place down from Georgia, which was at war with Russia over its separatist provinces in 2008. Russia itself is in fourth place after Israel, Singapore and Syria.

Newspaper Novie Izvestia says that Russia being ranked fourth is an "unpleasant surprise", but also notes that methodology employed by the Bonn International Center for Conversion may be flawed.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Frankwall

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 10:18 am
Well, there is a big difference between the most militarised country in the world and the country that spends the most on its military. It certainly is the USA. Look at statistics from 2011 and you'll see the USA is way ahead, followed by China.
JTT

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:06 pm
@Frankwall,
Merry [Andrei Lustig] doesn't believe in being fair, in looking at both sides. Here's Merry's opinion on that.

Quote:

I'm making no attempt whatever to be fair. I'm expressing my opinions and recognizing that that's all they are. To be fair, I'd have to look at both sides of the issue. I don't intend to.

**** 'fair.'

http://able2know.org/topic/203331-2
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:17 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Whose money does Israel spend to achieve this status?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 05:20 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I guess all the questions posed to you means that this thread of yours also died a natural death, right, Merry?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 07:36 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I guess all the questions posed to you means that this thread of yours also died a natural death, right, Merry?

God, I hope so!!!
0 Replies