Icons in Windows

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 10:31 pm
I am just wondering how to remove some Icons from my windows screen without deleting the program. I guess I mean the shortcuts. Please respond in easy terms. I want to still be able to get to these programs but not have my windows all cluttered up. With all the programs needed to just have security on here, i have a ton of icons.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 646 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Monger

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 10:59 pm
It is perfectly safe to delete any shortcuts on your desktop. It will not affect the operation of the programs whatsoever.

If there are already shortcuts to these same programs on your start menu, that will be easy, otherwise you can put shortcuts to the programs there.

Alternatively you could just create a folder called "shortcuts" or some such on your desktop, then move everything you want off your desktop there.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:30 pm
Thank You Monger,
So I can just right click on the icon and hit Delete and it should be fine? Should I check the Start Menu first? And how would i create a "folder" on the desktop, that I would love to do then i'd really know where they all are. Sorry to ask so much, but i am just a novice at this, learning as i go so to speak. Thanks again!!!!
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:54 pm
Well Monger I did it!!! I left icons on that said I wouldn't be able to run program if deleted, but was still able to get rid of alot of them. My Windows window looks so empty and good now!!! Thanks again.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 07:24 am
If ya wanna really clean up your desktop, right-click on it, put your cursor on "Arrange Icons By" and uncheck "Show Desktop Icons". Don't worry, you can undo it just as easily.
0 Replies