browsertune.com

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:39 pm
I went to BrowserTune.com and started to run the 3 Levels of tests they have. Computer passed Level 1 but on Level 2 it would not finish the Window & Text Intensive web scripting operations part of the test. I have tried to find out why, but keep running into a wall. Said my scripting engine could be corrupted and numerous other things. I can't find an explaination of what window & text intensive web scripting is. Can someone please help. Microsoft has stopped all support for windows98, which is what i have. I don't know if there is a quick fix to this, a download or what.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,114 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:50 pm
Quote:
Microsoft has stopped all support for windows98, which is what i have

Not so. They were supposed to stop the support, but have extended it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];LifeAn1
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 04:25 pm
You might wanna uninstall/reinstall Internet Explorer. That's not anywhere near as scary as it sounds, and usually fixes such problems. Read This.

Actually, check the version of your browser (from your browser's toolbar Help > About Internet Explore) The current version applicable to Win 98 is IE 6.0.2800.1106, and you should also be sure you have all the latest updates and patches. Here's Microsoft's IE6 Download Page

Note ... on dialup, this will take a loooong time.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 05:30 pm
Timberland I do have the IE 6.0.2800.1106 but with the IC on the end so that it looks like this-----
IE 6.0.2800.1106IC but i am willing to look at the links you have put in.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 05:35 pm
Timberland,
Should I just download off your link and then do the uninstall of what i have and then reinstall or what? I thought I was just having a scripting engine problem. Thought maybe on that link there might be a "patch" or something. Thanks for the help.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:59 pm
I'd try to do a repair ... go into Add/Remove programs select IE6, then click Add/Remove. You should get an option box which gives you the choice to add components or to repair ... select repair and click OK. That might do it for you.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 10:05 pm
I went into the Add/Remove and I found Internet Explorer Q832894 Didn't know it was put that way. Also have Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 and internet tools on another line. Is either one of these my problem? Also when I wanted to delete IE Q832894 it just asked Yes or No it didn't ask for adding or fixing.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 10:53 pm
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 is your browser. The other item you mention is an update patch for IE...no need to mess with it (though, if you uninstalled it, you can get it again from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com ).
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:33 pm
Monger thanks. I didn't delete a thing yet, was too afraid I'd mess it up. Thanks for letting me know which one is really the browser. Will see if it will now do that fix thing. Wish me luck!!!
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 11:52 pm
Well I "fixed" the browser and tried to do the BrowserTune again and it still failed at the same spot. I GIVE UP!!!! Tired of trying. Thanks to all who tried to help.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:03 am
Try going to www.pcpitstop.com. They do a lot of tests there, and I've never had a problem running it. Free registration, but not required if you don't want to track your results.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:42 am
Turner, I have done that site too and passed. So I have no idea what the problem really is. Thanks for suggesting it though.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:42 am
Well still don't know what the problem is because it still won't pass that test. Yet I have no problem doing anything on my computer. Makes me wonder about that test. Maybe some day I will know for sure.
0 Replies