Free website for non-profit org

George

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 01:21 pm
Someone asked me about building a website for a local medical scholarship. Do you know of any site that specializes in such a thing? I have used www.eteams.com for my local youth soccer club and am looking for something similarly easy to set up and use.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,950 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Charli

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:26 pm
A GREAT FREE SITE!
You can build a free site here:

FREE SITES

My website is here. I pay $13.95 a year elsewhere for a different domain name. Easy tools and you don't have to know html. However, if you do have that knowledge, you can use it. Have fun!! Good luck! :-)
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 07:55 am
Charli~
Thank you. Where did you get byour domain name from? Does it get to your tripod site? For example, if my site on tripod were
"www.tripod.com/foobar"
and I got a domain name of
"www.foobar.com"
would someone entering "www.foobar.com" be sent directly to the tripod site?
~George
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:15 am
MY DOMAIN NAME . . .
Hi, George - My Tripod name is listed in my profile here at A2K.

It's
Edit (Moderator): Link removed

I'm not sure what the URL reads in the browser. It may be . . . (Edited - No , IT DOESN'T READ what I first put below. It reads the starkc URL. Maybe this one. I'll find it and come back tonight.)

Edit (Moderator): Link removed

or close thereto. I registered and pay $13.95/yr each for the three domains I have at

http://123cheapdomains.com

When I first got into this, I used another "registry" who charged me $39.95 each per year!!! Actually, there's only one "registry" - but different "places" who handle this for "different" fees. As you can see, some are very different! I like the folks at 123cheapdomains. They're helpful and very, very prompt. Also, VERY CHEAP!!!

Good luck . . . and have fun! :-) :-) :-) Charli
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:20 am
Thanks once again, Charli.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:29 am
Charli, links to personal sites are not allowed. As for free Tripod member sites however, you get to them at a URL like
Code:http://yourwebsitename.tripod.com
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 12:46 pm
godaddy.com has cheaper domains than the registrar charli listed and has better service (which is why they are the number one registrar for the past few years).
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 03:18 pm
Thanks. Craven, I will check them out.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:40 pm
THANKS FOR JOGGING MY MEMORY . . .
Thanks for jogging my memory, Monger!!! I'd completely forgotten this "No-No." Maybe now it will stick (?)

George - Go to my profile for my web-site address. And, if I find the one that Tripod assigned to me (to go to the same site), I'll type that into my profile too.

Oh, I pay $7.95/mo. to Freeservers for the "family site" - a different domain name registered through and paid for at 123cheapdomains.

Let us know what's happening with your new endeavor. Again, good luck! :-)
[/color]
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 05:23 pm
CHECK MY PROFILE
George - Check my profile (last line) for the Tripod assigned name to my site. If you type one and then the other into your browser (or copy-and-paste) you'll see they each go to exactly the same place. I'd be interested to know if you do this. Thanks! -- Charli[/color]
0 Replies