Help Save My Printer! ('cause i'm gonna kill it!)

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 04:51 am
I don't know what the deal is, but I'm fixing to smash my printer into little bits! Twisted Evil

It's the paper load; something is wrong with the printer, or something is wrong with the settings. (Which would mean something is wrong with me! Laughing ) It does just fine with normal paper (actually I use copier paper in it), but with card stock it tries to pull the entire stack of paper down inside itself all at once! To print with card stock, I have to load each piece of paper one at a time, and it's a major pain.

So is this printer messed up, or should I be using another media setting?
The printer's media selection gives all sorts of media options, but card stock isn't one of them. Any suggestions?

Oh, btw, the printer is an Epson Color Stylus 600 inkjet. The copy paper I use is normal printer paper weight, I'm pretty sure, but I can't remember exactly what weight the card stock is...

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 709 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 05:18 am
There might be a level somewhere that will pull the rollers back a bit, allowing you to get thicker paper. This was pretty common on Dot Matrix Printers, and is still around on typewriters. It might be a feature of the Ink Jet, too.

Is this printer designed to use that type of paper? Some printers only like a certain weight paper. A pain, to be sure, but that might be part of it too.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 01:58 pm
Dunno for sure, but if there is no setting for cardstock in the printer's configuation application, then its likely the printer won't properly auto-feed it. You might wanna check the printer's documentation. If you no longer have the manual, its likely available on Epson's website as a downloadable PDF file.
0 Replies