on windows and internet

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:57 pm
I have a problem. No matter if I am in windows or on the internet, this thing pops up on the bottom of the screen. Not really like a pop up window. It has the Microsoft Internet Explorer symbol on it, but it is blank. And it happens alot. It is becoming annoying. I would like to know what is causing this. I have Windows 98. When I click on it at the bottom of the screen (right click) it has the list come up that says----Restore, move, and so forth. So I have tried clicking Restore and then closing it but it still keeps happening. Please help me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,409 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 12:50 am
Sounds like some kind of pop-up. Have you ran Spybot S&D or Adaware yet? I'd download those and give them a run.

Spybot S&D can be found at www.safernetworking.org and Adaware can be found at www.lavasoftusa.com and both are freeware. Make sure to update them as soon as you install them.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to install HiJackThis. Sorry, I don't have a link for it, but you can google it and find it pretty easy. Posting the HiJack This log here and maybe someone can interpret it for you.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 09:27 am
Thanks Turner!!! I do now have Spybot and so far no more problem. Thanks for answering and all the suggestions.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 12:20 pm
Hijack This

Note: unless you know what you're doing, just run it, use its "save to log" feature, then copy-and-paste the log file here before you do anything. If I recall, the program itself suggests exactly that ... "Consult with folks who know".
0 Replies