quantum physics

Simus

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 07:05 pm
Hello. My name is David Esko. i am a 30 years old tbh unemployed guy. But i have a big quest to learn quantum physics. I dont know where to start, Im werry bad at math, and il say realy bad. but my life's dream is to learn quantum physics. Can someone guide me plz. Am i to old?. Or can someone plz teach me. Nice of you reading this. A to old swede
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,018 • Replies: 9
No top replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 07:17 pm
@Simus,
Werry bad at spelling too.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 07:42 pm
@cherrie,
So?

I have a brilliant cousin who has a spelling problem she has dealt with all her life.
cherrie

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 09:15 pm
@ossobuco,
Sorry if I offended your cousin, but it was just a comment.
Do you really believe that this person actually wants to study quantum physics?
I don't know much about it, but I would have thought a pretty solid knowledge of mathematics would be a requirement and, by his own admission, he is really bad at maths.
'
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 09:43 pm
@cherrie,
I'm fine with imagination and I do figure this person is interested in quantum physics if only in some mystic way. Maybe some kind of mysterioso hoohaw - or not, may be more basically attuned.

But learning about it seems good.

I'm chary about mocking learning.

Personally, I'm a physics fool.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 09:48 pm
@Simus,
Quote:
Am i to old?
You're never too old to learn and if this is something which really interests you, then it can happen. It may take a lot of effort on your part; but, go on and give it a try.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 09:52 pm
@Simus,
Why do you want to learn Quantum Physics?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 09:59 pm
@Sturgis,
I agree with Sturgis.

And why ask why?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 10:01 pm
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:
I don't know much about it, but I would have thought a pretty solid knowledge of mathematics would be a requirement and, by his own admission, he is really bad at maths.

He's bad at maths now, but that doesn't mean he cannot learn, now does it? So, perhaps step #1 is get better at math.
0 Replies

RST

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2012 03:59 am
@Simus,
Quote:
I dont know where to start

Are you already familiar with calculus, and classical physics (mechanics, waves, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and special relativity)?
That's where I would start to get some background on the subject. I am sure if you search around you can find a good txt book (there are calc based physics books and algebra based physics book; pick a book based on your math comprehension). Also look into Khan Academy, there are lot of helpful videos on the subject (math and physics).
Quantum physics requires a good grasp of advanced mathematics, so it's good to brush up on your math skills while dabbling in classical physics.
0 Replies