Nascar + Airstream...

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 05:41 am
Was perusing a magazine the other day and saw an ad for the Porche Cayenne "Consider the pratical aspects of owning one: Cargo room. Towing capacity. Punctuality."

Okay, so you can tow a trailer, and go fast. How fast?

I'm thinking of the Nascar pickuptruck series. How about a race series where the competitors must tow something? Like an Airstream trailer.

Just think what that would be like to have twice as many things hurtling round the track. Think of the advertising revenue as one of those rolling billboards flies by at 160mph...

And why stop there? Semi-trailers at Daytona!

(The mind boggles sometimes... it just boggles!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 815 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 06:08 am
Smokey and the Bandit, Pt 2, had a Semi racing scene in the beginning. It's been a while since I've seen it, so I don't remember if they were hauling anything or not.

Craftsman Auto Racing goes too fast, I think, to be pulling trailers. Of course, it would go slower, but when one got hit, and the payload seperated, well. . . you'd loose a lot of Nascar fans. (some people wouldn't mind that.)

You remind me of the time I was at the Josephine County Fair, in Oregon. 1982? Maybe 1985. They had a tractor pull there, and that was pretty freakin' cool. I think this is the closest you're gong to get to that. Man, that Jet Tractor was awesome. It needed the sled to slow it down. It hit the afterburners, and the flames from the engine was about 100' in the air. Awesome!
0 Replies