I would just like to say....

kerver

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 10:46 pm
I think it would be nice to see more original writing, and also more feed back to those who do post their work here at a2k. I think if more people would read and comment on the original work it would help bring more poetry or what not. It's an easy solution to what I think is a slight problem, but that just my opinion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 988 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 10:50 pm
I wholeheartedly agree, kerver.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 11:00 pm
Kerver, I've often thought the same thing, yet when I read something that I consider mediocre, I wimp out.

I have posted a few things in original writing and felt that they were little more than high school level writing. Perhaps if this forum were more focused on writing, it would be more forthcoming in honest criticism, but there are too many people who simply enjoy posting what they have written as a form of memoir or a form of 'getting it out.'

Maybe the only honest, constructive criticism can come on a forum that is devoted to writing and criticism. A2k is very social, with a variety of threads, none of which are based solely on one's level of professionalism. They are open to anyone who wishes to express an opinion or to post a piece of writing that they care about.

I would be reticent to make this a forum which intimidates those who are making a first try or who really need to put into words something which has troubled or frightened them. Maybe if criticism were done as a PM it would be less painful to read, knowing that everyone else on the thread won't be privy to what was said.

It will be interesting to read other's posts. I've talked to another a2ker about this and both she and I have admitted to backing off when it comes to criticism.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 11:56 pm
What if it's good, is there need for critism in every peom. There will always be things a person does and doesn't like in a peom. We want to be critized, it helps us in the long run, and if thats too hard for some people then whats wrong with pointing out what is good in a piece?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:42 pm
Re: I would just like to say....
kerver wrote:
I think it would be nice to see more original writing, and also more feed back to those who do post their work here at a2k. I think if more people would read and comment on the original work it would help bring more poetry or what not. It's an easy solution to what I think is a slight problem, but that just my opinion.

I stopped posting my poetry once someone pointed out that I don't have a proper copyright. (but don't think I won't send my flying monkeys after you if you steal it)
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 08:18 pm
I haven't written anything in a long time and I welcome comments when I do, but not critiques because I don't take my writing seriously. I just take stabs at it and it isn't something that I practice at....and it shows!

I do enjoy reading all of the original writing but I often don't comment and in no way do I feel worthy to critique any of it.
0 Replies