what is evoloserism?

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:13 pm
What is it? It was mentioned in a thread I was reading about religion, fantasy and Gods.
Does it happen to be related to it? Is it like evolution?

djjd62

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:21 pm
@AprilSep,
as far as i understand, some folks think that one who believes in evolution is an evoloser, their belief in evolution is described as evoloserism
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:21 pm
Evoloserism is an insulting word which American right wing Christian fundamentalist type people use against people who accept Darwin's theory of evolution. It is not really a dictionary word, and would only be used by very stupid people.

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:39 pm
@contrex,
Our principal user of the term (and I thought he coined it) was Gungasnake, a total anti scince type who belives in a worldwide Flood and a youn(ger) planet than what science has measured
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:41 pm
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61qzxqSf8cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:41 pm
As I have gungafool on 'ignore'. I learned a new word today.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:45 pm
@farmerman,
I was quite taken by varmintman's post over in freeperland

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2867487/posts

Quote:

The thing which amazes me about evoloserism is the fact that it is basically orthogonal to any sort of question of liberal/conservative or left/right in politics. The evolosers on conservative forums like FR sound exactly like the evolosers on DU or any other libtard forum, same set of talking points, rhetoric exactly the same, poster children (australopithicus, neanderthal, "denisovans(TM)", Lucy, archaeoperyx) exactly the same, name-calling exactly the same...

Moreover I'm totally convinced that the big organizations which fund evoloserism and the evoloser world view actually pay a certain number of people to sit on certain forums which they target, including FR and several other right of center forums which I've observed, and continuously promulgate the evoloser agenda.

4 posted on Tue Apr 03 2012 10:25:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) by varmintman

I'd kinda like to get in on a paying gig to post as an evoloser at the Freep.
contrex

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:50 pm
I wonder which organisations are the ones that "fund" evoloserism, and what could possibly be their motive?
laughoutlood

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 10:02 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
I wonder which organisations are the ones that "fund" evoloserism, and what could possibly be their motive?

O my goodness, is it mind and financial control of global religious assets?

Queue forms to the left then snakes up the garden path eh Beth.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 04:53 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:

Moreover I'm totally convinced that the big organizations which fund evoloserism and the evoloser world view actually pay a certain number of people to sit on certain forums which they target, including FR and several other right of center forums which I've observed, and continuously promulgate the evoloser agenda.

Im certain that the USGS, NIH, NSF,etc etc wont spend a lot of budget allowing staff to get involved in silly and stupid "baiting of the Christian Right".
The fact that these FUNDAMENTALISTS are such a small percentage of the Christian population and the Jewish Population makes me believe that a certain amount of their funding does come fom the GOP. During the last election cycle the Discovery Institute had put lots of its PAC money into the Romney stable.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 07:04 am
@AprilSep,
There are myriad ways to be a loser in life. One such is to be a member of the academic dead-wood set which goes on promulgating the theory of evolution despite all of the evidence which has arisen in the past century. Willful ignorance has no legitimate place in science or in academia.
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 07:11 am
@gungasnake,
Science is very proud of its ignorance and will generate a very lively debate on any given subject so long as you have a smattering of evidence to support your beliefs.

Remember a persistent belief , absent any evidence is the domain of religion; A persistent belief, where evidence readily exists, is the realm of superstition.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:38 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

There are myriad ways to be a loser in life. One such is to be a member of the academic dead-wood set which goes on promulgating the theory of evolution despite all of the evidence which has arisen in the past century.
All the evidence over the past century completely supports the basic theory of biological evolution. And no alternative scientific theory even exists.

It's a slam dunk for evolution, not only has it been functioning, explaining and predicting everything we've discovered in over a hundred years but there aren't even any other scientific theories on the table to consider.
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:49 am
@rosborne979,
Hey rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:21 pm
What a disappointment. I thought 'evoloserism' was a GanjaSnaKKKe invention. Now I learn is was plagiarism and was a catch phrase of the "AmeriKKKan Spook-tater."

That what I get for giving GanjaSnaKKKe too much creative vitriol credit.

Rap
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 10:40 pm
@raprap,
now dont go blaming yourself
0 Replies